Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German m35 helmet

Article about: Greetings all I discovered this site in search of information on my german ww2 helmet I received from my grand father +- 25 years ago. I already gained a lot of knowledge reading related for

Default German m35 helmet

Greetings all

I discovered this site in search of information on my german ww2 helmet I received from my grand father +- 25 years ago. I already gained a lot of knowledge reading related forum posts.

I was told by my grand father that the helmet comes from north africa from a german P.O.W.

I would really appreciate Any information from the wealth of knowledge sitting in this forum

Regards
    Voortrekker 1
    South africa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German m35 helmet
    P
    Many

Welcome. Well, it will be fantastic to see the photographs of the helmet that your grandfather gave you. There are people around here who are very specialized in this matter.
    Cheers
    Santi

As Santi says, reply by picking the Go Advanced" button, then press "pictures upload" button and then upload DIRECT from your device ( don't use a hosting service ) and we can see you helmet and help if we can ......
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Any information will be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German m35 helmet   German m35 helmet  

German m35 helmet   German m35 helmet  

German m35 helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images German m35 helmet 

A very nice M35 reissue helmet by NS. A fine example.
    Don't clean it or take it apart , it's value both historical and monetary lies in it being untouched.

Very nice helmet! I expected trash, but i am happily suprised your grandfather gave you such a nice and original piece!

MAP
    ?

great looking helmet. Do you have a photo of the other side? Is there a National Shield decal present? Has it been painted over or scratched off?

We often associate DAK helmets as being camouflaged but we know that this is not always the case. Interesting however is the condition of the liner. We often see the liners heavily sweat stained and much more wear to the helmet given the harsh desert environment. Often times we see a heavy darkening to the exposed metal due to the heat. Of course these are general observations.

I am not doubting your grandfather at all, but is there any documentation about this helmet coming from North Africa? DAK helmets, even non camo'ed versions, are highly sought after.

Again, great looking helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a nice looking helmet, but the shell size is 64 and the liner has nine tongues - not sure if the liner stamp is a 58 from the pic, which would be a size too big, although you do see these mismatches occasionally.

M38
    ?

I don't see a size stamp on the outside of the leather. The number on the back side is often one or two sizes larger than the actual liner leather size, as it shows the largest size that can be made from the uncut piece of leather. So it may be the correct size liner, even with the extra half finger. If the owner can find it, the correct size would be shown on the opposite side of the band? Agree it would be nice to see the other side of the shell too. Very nice helmet regardless!

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you Sir.

Can you confirm this is a reissued helmet, how do you know? does this mean it was made prior to ww2?

I'm looking to gain as much knowledge/history regarding this helmet.

I gathered on this forum that the helmet must not be cleaned, I will follow the advice and I will certainly not try to take it apart.

Regards

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast