Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German M35 SD Kriegsmarine

Article about: Almost forgot this one. Bought from the same old man from which most of the helmets I posted here i bought. I try again : - type of decall (ET) fits with shell (and I think I can see the bla

Default German M35 SD Kriegsmarine

Almost forgot this one. Bought from the same old man from which most of the helmets I posted here i bought.
    I try again :
    - type of decall (ET) fits with shell (and I think I can see the black border around decall typical for kriegsmarine decalls)
    - I think originial paint (with patina) after 1940 and I think i see there is a decall (tricolor) on the other side under the old (darker) paint.
    Is this decall fake or real ? I would say real but as a beginner of interpretating decalls I really have problems to differentiate wrong from right even if some decalls are
    considered 'very' fake on the German vault-pages.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M35 SD Kriegsmarine   German M35 SD Kriegsmarine  

German M35 SD Kriegsmarine   German M35 SD Kriegsmarine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 SD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Hello , a Kriegsmarine decal is really gold. This color is not even close ,unfortunately again we have another fake decal here.
    I really hope you paid peanuts for these helmets or the old man seriously screwed you over.

Did not surprise me although I saw no faults in the pattern itself...yes, in comparison with the real one, fortunatly, i bought it for little money. But yes, know what you think...

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Did not surprise me although I saw no faults in the pattern itself...yes, in comparison with the real one, fortunatly, i bought it for little money. But yes, know what you think...
    It is a close ET copy but the inner print lines and silver pulver are not correct.

Thanks a lot. And if it was a discolored heer decall you should have recognised it....

I know it might be expensive to get in Belgium (I assume that's where you are located), but it might be worth it if you are going to get into this hobby get books!! I would start with "The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich". I got into it as a kid and stopped for about 15 years. Once I got back into this hobby things had changed, there was good material and some of my long time pieces were in fact not correct. I'd start with that book and I am sure others will recommend other good source materials as well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I know it might be expensive to get in Belgium (I assume that's where you are located), but it might be worth it if you are going to get into this hobby get books!! I would start with "The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich". I got into it as a kid and stopped for about 15 years. Once I got back into this hobby things had changed, there was good material and some of my long time pieces were in fact not correct. I'd start with that book and I am sure others will recommend other good source materials as well.
    Great book but out of print and expensive on the secondary market. If you can find it. Buy it.

That said, another good book is Jan Melands. It is even endorsed by Ken N who wrote "The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich".

See Post 14 in the link below. It is the most recent of all the quality helmet books out there.

Third Reich Steel Helmets (ALL categories, HEER, SS, LUFT, KM)

I've also created a reference thread with decals. Easy to navigate.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmet-decal-gallery/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks all for the hints about the books ! I already had 'German Helmets' by Meland and I found this book 'decalls of the Third Reich' in an online German bookshop 'Verlag Weber' today so I ordered it immediatly... So doesn't have to come from the US (that saved me a lot of import taxes). Hope to learn a lot more about the detalis of the decalls and where I should look at for making the difference between fake and real. But I realise I still have a long way to go....But if things were too easy, maybe it wouldn't be so intriguing...
    Erwin

MAP
    ?

Who is the author of the book from Verlag Weber?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ken Niewiarowicz, and co-author Anders Lehrman.... Don't tell me I ordered the wrong one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast