Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M42 EF68 helmet with Army decal

Article about: This is a neat helmet. As a Fulda helmet, the stampings are actually clean and deep unlike many EFs I have had and seen.The liner is too tight to see the maker or date. The liner has 9 tongu

Default German M42 EF68 helmet with Army decal

This is a neat helmet. As a Fulda helmet, the stampings are actually clean and deep unlike many EFs I have had and seen.The liner is too tight to see the maker or date. The liner has 9 tongues. The decal is a nice thin wing type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal   German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal  

German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal   German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal  

German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal   German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal  

German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42  EF68 helmet with Army decal
    P
    Many

Looks great , congrats.

Looks really cool. Interesting to see the contrast between your deeply stamped EF maker mark and my recent SS Helmet with its poorly stamped maker mark.
    As i understand EF M42s suffered a bit in quality control - i guess there was some variation in quality between helmets.
    Nick

New set of stamps for that batch maybe?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Looks really cool. Interesting to see the contrast between your deeply stamped EF maker mark and my recent SS Helmet with its poorly stamped maker mark.
    As i understand EF M42s suffered a bit in quality control - i guess there was some variation in quality between helmets.
    Nick
    Or maybe your is a cheap fake from China?
    JK ..... Both nice helmets!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    New set of stamps for that batch maybe?
    Yeah, could well be. Or a heavy handed worker who had a bad day and exerted his frustrations with his stamping!
    From what i've seen there is quite a variation, especially in later war helmets. I guess it wasn't too high up on their list of important things.
    nick

Nice lid.

This model is somewhat rare. An EF decaled M42 with the EF "house bird" is not easy to find. Plus in a size 68 is even rarer. Nice helmet !!

Hi, very nice M42, well done. Leon.

I agree . I do not know why the quality varied-unlike Quist which was very consistent.