Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M42 Spanish issued

Article about: Never seen one of these before seen a lot of the German m35 used by the Spanish but never the 42. Makes sense since the Model Z is a direct copy but always believed the Germans didn’t expo

Default German M42 Spanish issued

Never seen one of these before seen a lot of the German m35 used by the Spanish but never the 42. Makes sense since the Model Z is a direct copy but always believed the Germans didn’t export the 42. Not a Spanish helmet expert at all it could very well be post war any help would be awesome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 Spanish issued   German M42 Spanish issued  

German M42 Spanish issued   German M42 Spanish issued  

German M42 Spanish issued  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 Spanish issued
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't study or know much about Spanish helmets, but what makes you believe that this was used by the Spanish?

The paint looks new and the liner looks handmade. It does not resemble the typical Spanish style liners. At least not the ones that I have seen.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I could be wrong I am no expert in Spanish helmets either. It was sold to me as a post war model z Spanish helmet but when I got it I noticed it was a German m42 shell marked hkp64. The paint looks very similar to other post war model z examples I have seen but the liner seems like a very early Spanish liner.

It could be another countries reissued helmet but I just don’t know but paying for a model z and getting a German 42 was a nice surprise either way.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Cort169 View Post
    It could be another countries reissued helmet but I just don’t know but paying for a model z and getting a German 42 was a nice surprise either way.
    It does look like an M42 shell.

IMO, this was not reissued by another country. From what I see, it is an original M42 shell that was painted post war and a homemade liner was added. Not sure who did this, most likely a kid or a collector.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)