Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german mle 40 with rough textured paint

Article about: Hello Guys I present you yhis recently acquired mle 40 single decal with very rough finish. Liner is damaged because there are remnants of blood stains on the remaining leather.

Default german mle 40 with rough textured paint

Hello Guys

I present you yhis recently acquired mle 40 single decal with very rough finish.

Liner is damaged because there are remnants of blood stains on the remaining leather.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german mle 40 with rough textured paint   german mle 40 with rough textured paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german mle 40 with rough textured paint
    P
    Many

A shame about the liner! But Great helmet! I like the rough overpaint gives it more of that “battle vet feeling”

Helmet aside, forget all the rubbish about blood rot. There is no scientific evidence to show that blood attacks leather.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Helmet aside, forget all the rubbish about blood rot. There is no scientific evidence to show that blood attacks leather.
    IMHO.....I think the majority of the time the "rot" is caused by another agent.

Phil: What is the maker and batch # of this helmet. What is the red paint on the back. Is that over or under the rough paint?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice looking helmet, who is the maker? NS?
    Nick

I agree nice helmet.

Yes it is a NS 64. I think something was written in red on the back maybe by the soldier or person who caught it...but impossible to read it. Thanks for your comments

Quote by MAP View Post
    IMHO.....I think the majority of the time the "rot" is caused by another agent.

Phil: What is the maker and batch # of this helmet. What is the red paint on the back. Is that over or under the rough paint?
    it is over the rough paint.

Cool helmet and how thick is that paint!

Is that the remains red writing on the back of the dome? Perhaps something the vet had written.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    A shame about the liner! But Great helmet! I like the rough overpaint gives it more of that “battle vet feeling”
    Yes it's a pity that the liner was damaged..maybe mouses ?? But I prefer to keep it as found unless change it..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast