Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition

Article about: Hi, have a helmet I don't know anything about, and hope some one can tell me anything about it and ballpark value on the inside at the rear of the helmet on its skirt, are the numbers 5079,

Default German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition

Hi, have a helmet I don't know anything about, and hope some one can tell me anything about it and ballpark value
    on the inside at the rear of the helmet on its skirt, are the numbers 5079, and inside near the left ear, is stamped ET66, has no dents, would like some opinions on reasonable value range considering it's condition thanks Steve in Missouri I don't post here often so if it is a mess sorry in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition   German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition  

German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition   German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition  

German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition   German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition  

German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition

$250

?

Default Re: German Nazi Helmet need help on what I have and what's reasonable ballbark value range for its condition

Hi steve, it's a Luftwaffe M40 helmet missing the leather liner and chin strap, but it still has the liner band, which is good. It still has a nice decal too. I'd estimate it about $350, but it's only worth what someone will pay for it at the end of the day.

If the decal was nicer I'd say around $3-350. But with the condition of the decal I'd agree with Glenn66 at $250. Thats a good ballpark range. Will probably be a fast sell at that price.

yup, $250. I sold a very similar animal recently for about that.

I agree - $250 is about right. The dome has a lot of wear from being set down. The condition is such that you cannot command a higher price but it has good points. It is an early example and looks to have about 80% to 85% of the decal still present. I would not try to do anything to it like replacing the liner or painting - leave it as is. NH

If your keeping it then leave it as is, If you want to sell it then maybe a new liner and chinstrap will bump up the value a bit. Ive seen similar ones selling for up to 350.

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    If your keeping it then leave it as is, If you want to sell it then maybe a new liner and chinstrap will bump up the value a bit. Ive seen similar ones selling for up to 350.
    I'm sorry but i dont agree with that statement, if your selling something like this then preserve the actual state as is and not add a liner or chin strap just to "bump" up the price, the only people you would be fooling would be the not so educated collector or a younger person and they would be paying for something that is not original , even if you managed to obtain a completely original liner and strap that could cost you in excess of $250 alone therefore you would need to recoup that outlay on top of the helmet

Quote by davejb View Post
    I'm sorry but i dont agree with that statement, if your selling something like this then preserve the actual state as is and not add a liner or chin strap just to "bump" up the price, the only people you would be fooling would be the not so educated collector or a younger person and they would be paying for something that is not original , even if you managed to obtain a completely original liner and strap that could cost you in excess of $250 alone therefore you would need to recoup that outlay on top of the helmet
    The only thing I might add would be a matching liner pin, as that would drive me crazy being on the decal side.....

Oh I knew I should have explained myself more, I didnt mean add to the helmet to fool a new buyer and get more money, I assume a "honest" seller would include in his description what items are repo or what isnt original to the helmet, somebody just starting out or wanting one lid may be more attracted to it if it was complete, even if not 100% original, therefore making it easier to sell depending on price of course, but I agree that adding a real liner and strap would cost alot and you most likely wouldnt get much profit depending on what you paid for the helmet. I would put a nice original pair of goggles on it and set it on the shelf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast