Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German WW2 M42 ND Helmet

Article about: Hey guys I know these ND Helmets are not as desirable as those with decals but I picked this one up a few months ago, it was a decent price and what appears to me to be a nice example with n

CGR
    ?

Default German WW2 M42 ND Helmet

Hey guys I know these ND Helmets are not as desirable as those with decals but I picked this one up a few months ago, it was a decent price and what appears to me to be a nice example with not a lot of wear. Its a CKL 64 lot number 4067. I can see on the liner band on one side 64 cannot make out letter then an A and 57, on the side I see the maker of the band in a circle but can only make out DRP 1943 in the center of it. Has a dome stamp but hard to make it out.
    Here are some pics, ones with red background are inside, others are outside pics I just took, overcast day today.
    Personally condition wise it would be hard to find a nicer one so I picked it up.
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    P
    Many

As far as i know ND Helmets are getting rarer and rarer as they are getting ruined by fake Decals to make them more valuable, and have thus become quite desirable.
    Yours is a great looking piece, almost mint condition! The texture of the Liner looks a bit weird, but i still think its original. I would consider buying a nice late war chinstrap to complet it.
    Overall, really nice helmet, congrats!

Nothing wrong with a good ND helmet! They're getting harder to find now, as certain individuals decorate ever more lids with fake decals in an attempt to improve their value. Ironically, they've made these helmets more desirable in the process.

A nice find. You'd be hard pressed to find a better one!

B.B.

Always nice to have one good ND helmet , of course most of us will probably only own one.

Very nice ND helmet, I personally (and my wallet also thanks me in that regard) find them just as fascinating as ones with decals.
    The paint is in almost immaculate condition on this one, very nice!
    Interesting discoloration on the pigskin leather, probably wasn't worn for long but by someone with very greasy hair or something
    The markings would be 64n.A. | 57 (n.A. meaning "neuer Art" (new type) because on earlier liner systems (for WWI manufactured helmets with M31 liners) they were marked a.A. as then the head size for the specific shell size was different. (I've recently seen a 64 a.A. 54 marked 1937 dated liner band for sale)
    (At least as far as I know)
    The other marking would be Schuberth-Werk KG Braunschweig DRP 1943
    (maker and year and DRP standing for "Deutsches Reichspatent" because the Schuberth factory invented the M31 liner and had a patent on it)
    Luis

CGR
    ?

Thanks Guys!
    Thanks for the info Luis!
    Yep, the guy that wore it must have had greasy hair or used that stuff they used to put in their hair back then. Pomade or Dapper Dan or something like that.

CGR
    ?

More liner pics, will see if these turned out better. I believe the liner is pigskin, looks like other pigskin liners in a couple of my other helmets, just not as worn.
    Not sure all of these 4 pics will upload as I changed the resolution to a larger size. Here goes.
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet
    German WW2 M42 ND Helmet

Yeah, pigskin indeed. The texture is a dead giveaway.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Always nice to have one good ND helmet , of course most of us will probably only own one.
    And I still own ZERO!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice pickup and a good helmet to add to the collection before they become more obsolete and the value rises with increased demand. Must admit to being a bit concerned when I first saw the long shot of he liner as I haven't seen that type staining or pattern of wear before however the closeups revealed the true picture.
    Congratulations!
    Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast