Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gettin' off the bitch train....here is a rare helmet for you!

Article about: In the interest of getting off of the bitch train and back to collecting, here is a helmet I have not shown and will be a shock to your systems. It is not an SS helmet! It is a vet acquired

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Doug, if I may ask a question, why is it these examples are usually found in rough condition? Thanks
    Regardless of condition, it is still a very interesting helmet, nonetheless. Thank you for posting it.
    This one is one of the better ones I have seen, usually they are beat to hell. Why, I think for the reasons given below, and that I would not expect any shelf queens like unissued Heer, LW, Police, KM or SS helmets or even LS. Like RAD helmets, they tend to have been used and abused and none were stored away in foot lockers. Thats my best guess!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gettin' off the bitch train....here is a rare helmet for you!
    P
    Many

A nice helmet Doug. You really do not see these come available very often. And it's great to have the provenance. Great buy.

Very unfortunate for you, Jim. I imagine you were disappointed.

Thank both of you for the replies. I, for one, can't think of a better theory.

?

Sweet helmet Doug!

BTW - I've heard of the "peace train", "gravy train", "soul train", and even the "money train"....... But, never of the bitch train. Must be a Canadian thing.
    Regards,
    John

Wow that is a very nice helmet, I am assuming this was worn during battle conditions compared to the leather NSKK crash helmets, although I have seen many period photos of the leather one being worn in all types of scenerios....are there any period photos of the steel version being worn? also doug you may have to put your watermark in the middle of your photos, as destracting as that may be to us it wont allow certain scumbags to crop it out of the image and use the photo causing you to turn into the incredible hulk again lol.

That is a beautiful helmet Doug.

Wonderful (and rare) helmet Doug , a pleasure to see!! Leon.

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Sweet helmet Doug!

BTW - I've heard of the "peace train", "gravy train", "soul train", and even the "money train"....... But, never of the bitch train. Must be a Canadian thing.
    I have used the term with my wife on occasion and I am promptly told to get on the "next" train....

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Wow that is a very nice helmet, I am assuming this was worn during battle conditions compared to the leather NSKK crash helmets, although I have seen many period photos of the leather one being worn in all types of scenerios....are there any period photos of the steel version being worn? also doug you may have to put your watermark in the middle of your photos, as destracting as that may be to us it wont allow certain scumbags to crop it out of the image and use the photo causing you to turn into the incredible hulk again lol.
    I am sure there are period pictures around, although I do not have a very large period photo database of non SS helmets I am afraid. I hear you on the watermark...I just cant bear to cover up beauty. It would be like watermarking the Playboy Playmate of the Year Centerfold in my opinion....at least the bastards will have to do some work before the Doug turns into Helmet Hulk and comes a-huntin' for their heads....LOL

There is another train, but that's an X Rated train

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast