Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Good NS M40 Heer?

Article about: Hello Forum, i just would like some Opinions on this Helmet. The seller has not included a makers mark, but based on the Lotn. being D176, it must be an NS. In my opinion its an all good, al

Default Good NS M40 Heer?

Hello Forum,

i just would like some Opinions on this Helmet. The seller has not included a makers mark, but based on the Lotn. being D176, it must be an NS.
    In my opinion its an all good, although a bit salty helmet - but i would like your Opinion as i´ve gotten a bit rusty again and would like a confirmation.

All Opinions and help greatly appreciated!
    Regards,
    Adravor

Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?Good NS M40 Heer?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good NS M40 Heer?
    P
    Many

?

A Quist with a D prefix from the ventholes?
    It looks great.

Looks like a NS with a good Pocher decal.

The leather liner has survived better than the outside, but other than that a nice find with original decal.

MAP
    ?

Agree that the leather is much nicer and need to consider if it has been swapped. That said, it could just be that is was stored in a humid environment
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with what BlackCat and Map have said, and my thoughts when I first looked at it. Perhaps ask for some photos of the liner pins between the band and shell to see if there are any double bends. Might help but not always conclusive.

?

Donut ventholes and crap pictures with a D prefix on the lot number are not NS.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Donut ventholes and crap pictures with a D prefix on the lot number are not NS.
    Wrong! NS used D prefix lot numbers and also utilised Pocher decals (which this helmet has) and Quist did not. Which Is why I say this looks like a NS.

M38
    ?

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Wrong! NS used D prefix lot numbers and also utilised Pocher decals (which this helmet has) and Quist did not. Which Is why I say this looks like a NS.
    Also, some NS M40 shells had a fat vent hole like the Q's.

Cheers,
    Terry

I asked the seller and he confirmed its an NS62. I took from germanhelmetvaults Lotn. database that only NS had the D prefix, while Quist had DN.

Thank you very much for all of your Opinions! I asked the seller for pics of the pins, although personally it seems to me the helmet likely was stored in a wet enviroment for a few years, based on the generally pretty consistent light rust. Considering on buying it as it really has an amazing decal and generally very nice look.

Regards,
    Adravor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast