Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Guess who's back

Article about: Good sunday to you all, I have some interesting news concerning the infamous Pawel Nowak (well I think that's who he is, his name is Pawel but I have yet to ask my friend to confirm if it is

Default Guess who's back

Good sunday to you all,
    I have some interesting news concerning the infamous Pawel Nowak (well I think that's who he is, his name is Pawel but I have yet to ask my friend to confirm if it is him)
    So I happen to know someone on eBay Kleinanzeigen who always seeks assistance in me regarding militaria and today he presented me with this gem of a link Stahlhelm Wk2 in Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg | eBay Kleinanzeigen

I have seen this pattern of ads occur from different accounts from all over Germany in the past few weeks so as soon as he sent it I already went into high alert (that being posting ads for low prices and every ad strangly has a different background.. how come, right )
    So I told my friend to make this dude take a picture of the helmet with an up to date newspaper and he got this reply ( I translated it into English)
    "Hello X.,
    Today is Sunday. If you need it I will buy a newspaper tomorrow and take a photo.
    I am a serious seller and collector (yeah, right )

In the past few weeks I have sold my two FJ helmets to buyers from Austria (little do they know they bought a load of lies then, right)
    (then some links to Polish parcel tracking things for some reason, would've just been an empty box anyway)

MfG,
    Pawel"

Now I have to thank KradSpam for having made a thread on how to search images on Google
    his thread is linked here Pawel Nowak - How to protect yourself from the scam.

Armed with this tool I took a picture of his ad and searched.. low and behold , the first thing that showed up was this link
    WWII German Luftwaffe Model 1940 Luftwaffe Single Decal Helmet – The Ruptured Duck, LLC
    Oh gee, look a that, it's almost like it's the same helmet with the same background, isn't it,or should I say, the exact same pictures, what a coincidence!
    I told him to not reveal our knowledge to his doings (yet)
    So we can at least try and have some fun with this subhuman parasite.
    I will keep you updated!
    Luis

P.S. coincidentally this was also my 400th post

(also if this isn't in the appropriate section please just move the thread, mods)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guess who's back
    P
    Many

Great post Luis! You my friend are a smart cookie! Hopefully we can take this guy down eventually.

A

"When we play in the devils' backyard (Ebay)...only misery will be bestowed on you".
    I spend my free time at "virtualgrenadier" studying sold items & current items. M43 hats, tunics, etc.etc. There is nothing to buy on ebay or anything to learn. Only the chance of getting burned.

Luis...that's somewhat frightening what you uncovered. That is Bills' helmet. Maybe tell your friend to shop elsewhere
    D.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Great post Luis! You my friend are a smart cookie! Hopefully we can take this guy down eventually.

A
    Thanks Andy
    I'd sure hope that we can put an end to this soon-ish.
    Luis

Quote by real steel View Post
    "When we play in the devils' backyard (Ebay)...only misery will be bestowed on you".
    I spend my free time at "virtualgrenadier" studying sold items & current items. M43 hats, tunics, etc.etc. There is nothing to buy on ebay or anything to learn. Only the chance of getting burned.

Luis...that's somewhat frightening what you uncovered. That is Bills' helmet. Maybe tell your friend to shop elsewhere
    D.
    You are not wrong David, I'll give you that. But regardless I still bought 85% of my (small)collection from there.
    I think ebay is just not the place for helmets and other more expensive items(apart from post war repainted and messed with ones), but for more common items like field equipment I'd say as long as you know your items eBay can be a very affordable alternative to dealer's sites.
    The money I've saved from getting things over there has defninitely made up for what I had once lost by getting scammed (yes it happened to me to.. that's why I am always cautious nowadays.. shoulda been before, too )
    Though, I guess scams can happen with every type of item..
    I guess the choice is easier when you are not limited by only having pocket money and whatever I sell on eBay as monetary resources
    Luis

D.
    I should really have saved the ads from the accounts he used in the weeks before to see who else's pictures he stole.
    If he keeps on trying I will definitely post them aswell.
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    You are not wrong David, I'll give you that. But regardless I still bought 85% of my (small)collection from there.
    I think ebay is just not the place for helmets and other more expensive items(apart from post war repainted and messed with ones), but for more common items like field equipment I'd say as long as you know your items eBay can be a very affordable alternative to dealer's sites.
    The money I've saved from getting things over there has defninitely made up for what I had once lost by getting scammed (yes it happened to me to.. that's why I am always cautious nowadays.. shoulda been before, too )
    Though, I guess scams can happen with every type of item..
    I guess the choice is easier when you are not limited by only having pocket money and whatever I sell on eBay as monetary resources
    Luis
    It seems all I ever hear is negative talk about ebay. I still don't understand sending $$ to an unknown entity...I am not sure how it works because I never bought anything off ebay. But if you say you have had success, then I guess I am wrong
    D.

It seems all I ever hear is negative talk about ebay. I still don't understand sending $$ to an unknown entity...I am not sure how it works because I never bought anything off ebay. But if you say you have had success, then I guess I am wrong
    D.
    Well, there is a reason for all the negative talk eBay and the like receives, and you probably know it.. I mean it is precisely what started this thread.
    I personally can only say what I have experienced and that is success and failure.. and some very strange people.
    If I had all the money in the world I wouldn't put up with having to search out all the actually good ads on there because it takes patience and time.
    So, I guess what I am implying is that you are not wrong, but there's always two sides of the medal, as with many things in life, the negative tends to shine through more potently.
    Everything has pro's and con's.
    And you also have to attempt to adapt mindset of different people (people who want to sell something that they have no idea of what it is, people who are trying to sell you junk, scammers etc.), if you don't you are damned to fail.
    Luis

?

Perhaps someone should mention this to Bill and Patrick and suggest that they begin a water marking process on their items ? This type of situation ( Stealing / using pics for profit ) really can't be stopped unless dealers and sometimes other sellers make a effort to prevent an occurrence from starting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guess who's back   Guess who's back  

Guess who's back  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I know Mike Davis now watermarks his items & you can no longer take his pics off his site (well I can't anymore)
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast