Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer DD Helmet for Appraisal

Article about: Hi Everyone, hope life is treating you all well. I would be grateful for opinions with regard to a helmet that is available from a private collector. Know the subject can be a minefield for

Default Heer DD Helmet for Appraisal

Hi Everyone, hope life is treating you all well. I would be grateful for opinions with regard to a helmet that is available from a private collector. Know the subject can be a minefield for the inexperienced so the need to move quickly triggers my request for assistance.
    Thanks to anyone that takes the time to comment. Apologies for picture quality, all I have to go on at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal   Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

You are going to need WAY better pictures than these but so far I do not like what I see.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Again, I agree with Terry
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bad and small pictures , no close ups will never give you the help you need. It is the first thing you need to realise if you want good stuff.
    If someone is forcing you to be fast to pul the trigger just by these photos it says a lot really.

MAP
    ?

In looking closer, this looks like an M40. That's a red flag given that it is a DD.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well....he took the news with genuine surprise as he is selling some items for his 75 year old father who has collected through the 60s,70s up to quite recently and he thought he knew all about them. He has promised better photos and I will post them when they arrive as he has another 6 in his collection...I fear the worst.

Agree with Michael, it sure does look like an M40

Better pictures arrived today. The family are grateful and except that they will find the truth about the helmets on a forum such as this so I extend their thanks and gratitude to you all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal   Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal  

Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal   Heer DD Helmet for  Appraisal  

M38
    ?

Better pictures but still could use good close ups of the Heer decal, the shell markings, the liner and liner split rivets inside. Based on what I can see so far, I would say the national colors decal is not real, the big foot Heer decal is probably not real, the liner looks like it could be real but probably post war added, and the chinstrap looks like a repro. The shell itself and the paint seem to be okay. Again, these observations are based on what I see here so far.

Cheers,
    Terry

It could well be an Alexander & Sons helmet .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast