Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer DD M35

Article about: Picked this one up from the local shop -- from the bare pins and thick paint on the rim, I've a feeling there's something going on here, but lord knows if I can't tell what. Either way thoug

Default Heer DD M35

Picked this one up from the local shop -- from the bare pins and thick paint on the rim, I've a feeling there's something going on here, but lord knows if I can't tell what.

Either way though, it looks nice on the shelf, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Attachment 1705703Attachment 1705702Attachment 1705704Attachment 1705705Attachment 1705706

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DD M35
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

At the very least, heavily cleaned both outside and inner rim. Not an untouched piece. What is the maker stamp on the shell? Looks like a Quist maybe?

Cheers,
    Terry

Bad chinstrap ?

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Yep, a Quist size 64 -- you can just barely make out the stamping. The lot number is much clearer, as the paint there was at some point rubbed away.

Attachment 1705745
    Attachment 1705746

Truthfully, I can't tell. The leather seems fine, and it has all 13 holes.

I was reffering to the buckle but I got a better look at it and it looks ok
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

That's looks like a fake Heer decal to me from these pictures. Could you give a close up please

Wouldn't be surprised if it were, but nothing stands out as particularly egregious -- looks about how you'd expect it to if someone was a bit too enthusiastic in cleaning it.

Attachment 1705779

May I ask the general area of this pick up? I may know who this came from

Dallas, TX -- shop's got an excellent rep, and by every indication they're good, trustworthy guys there (my first time going, I do 99% of my collecting online). Didn't pay that much for it (a relative statement in this hobby) either, so it's hardly like they pulled any chicanery.