Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Decal help

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I was wondering what your opinion is regarding this decal please. Sorry, I don't have better photos available. Thanks! James

Default Heer Decal help

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering what your opinion is regarding this decal please. Sorry, I don't have better photos available.

Thanks!
    James

Heer Decal helpHeer Decal helpHeer Decal help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Decal help
    P
    Many

James..
    Can you tell us the maker & lot# please ? Looks like an EF 68. But not sure. The decal resembles an "Ed Stracht" decal, I believe it is.
    Thanks, D.

Thanks for the quick response.

Per the seller, it's a size 68 but he couldn't make out the "maker" due to the thick paint inside the helmet.

Can't say much without better pics. It appears to be repainted inside & out. The liner is a pre-war aluminum band, unless it's a rare example of a wartime dated aluminum band. It looks installed post war IMO. The decal could have been wartime applied. That particular decal was used on re-issue M16-18 helmets & also seen on M35 re-issues. Being it's applied to an M40...makes it questionable.

Really not liking what I see here...but it's just my opinion.
    D.

I appreciate your observations and the questionable items are enough for me to pass on this one.

Thanks again!
    James

Good idea to pass. The helmet will always be open for scrutiny due to the mentioned reasons. An M40 heer helmet is common. A decent, balanced example is easy to find
    D.

Helmets with this decal need a little more scrutiny , these photos and lack of info on lot nr and maker ,liner band date does not help its case.
    Safest to pass on it.

Hi, as the gents have said, to many questions with a helmet like this, so i too would pass. Leon.