Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.

Article about: I acquired my first Heer SD Helmet at a very rural show military show in central Wisconsin this weekend that I was set up at. There was not adequate cell service to ask forum members before

Default Heer SE 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.

I acquired my first Heer SD Helmet at a very rural show military show in central Wisconsin this weekend that I was set up at. There was not adequate cell service to ask forum members before purchase but I was able to have another collector take a look as well so I feel pretty good. Please correct me if I state anything incorrectly in my thoughts and description.
    SE64 made by Sächsische emailler und stanzwerke A.G. / Lauter with liner size 57. Lot 5135. The chin strap is ripped apart and the liner is in decent condition. The split pins do not look like they have been messed with so I would say the liner has not been replaced. The decal looked good to me along with the condition of the other items. The paint appears to be original in my eyes.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    I would also like to figure out what the correct markings on a chin strap would be if I should make it complete for a good display item or leave it as is??? I would like to keep until I find a better example but I do not run across very many. I hope pics are adequate for confirmation.
    Thank you for looking.
    John

Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.
    Last edited by Rescue190; 08-16-2020 at 06:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer ET 64 Helmet help and confirmation Please.
    P
    Many

To me it looks like a nice SE64 M40 made by Sächsische Emaillierwerke AG, Lauter, not ET.
    Would've been a SD helmet initially so I've got a good feeling about the decal.
    The rest is definitely original and by the looks of it in pretty nice shape, too.
    Liner looks like it could be one made by Werner Zahn.
    Luis

Thank you. I am brain dead from researching. I corrected the information about the maker.
    John

you did well , nice helmet.

Very nice helmet! I personally would leave the chinstrap as it is, it is untouched, and should be kept that way. Is the chinstrap cut or just broken, if it is cut then it points to this helmet being a KIA helmet, where the Vet who brought it home took it off a dead soldier.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    .... Is the chinstrap cut or just broken, if it is cut then it points to this helmet being a KIA helmet, where the Vet who brought it home took it off a dead soldier.
    There is really no way to tell what happened to a chin strap.

Even if it was a KIA/WIA, it is much more likely that it was cut then tossed in a pile with other equipment, then picked out of the pile as a souvenir.

It is all just guessing games and we just don't know.

John: Great looking helmet. Nice and solid. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice pickup.

Thanks to all for the information and comments. I feel much better about the purchase and am happy to have it in the collection. Much appreciated.
    John

?

Good one!

Nice M40 John! Congrats. The Heer Decaled M40 is “the” battle helmet if you ask me. Nice addition to your collection. And SEs sometimes have those pronounced vents resembling M35s. Desirable Maker. I like it a lot
    Z