Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named

Article about: Hello Forum, after a long time of search, i finally found a M35 in size 68. It is reissued, Named "OGefr Marx" (Obergefreiter). Maybe someone can help me to find more infos about h

?

Default Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named

Hello Forum,

after a long time of search, i finally found a M35 in size 68. It is reissued, Named "OGefr Marx" (Obergefreiter). Maybe someone can help me to find more infos about him?
    Lot Number is 3511.
    Chinstrap sadly missing.
    On one photo you see a something orange/red. It goes around the helmet - Could that be the remains from a rubber band to add camouflage like leaves, for example?

I hope you like it.

Best regards,
    Tobi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named   Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named  

Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named   Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named  

Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M35 SE68 - Reissued, Named
    P
    Many

Hi Tobi
    Looks to be a nice biggie size reissue with an Ed Strache decal. I am not too familiar with these decals but I know they were used at depots on reissues like this one. Many were also available after the war as surplus. Maybe someone else can weigh in on the application. I think it looks like a good one with nice paint. Photos are a tad claustrophobic. I see what you are trying to do here but some plain old wide shots of the whole helmet and liner etc … we helmet nerds like to see that plus these closeups too. Congrats on your new helmet Tobi. Must feel great to have this in your possession!!!
    Z

Regarding finding the German Soldier. I personally do not dig too deep with my named helmets. It can be very difficult. For some of my American WWII Helmets I can find out if the soldier liked Chicken Parmesan but for the German ones most times I only find out date of birth / death. Maybe town they were born. So I stopped trying. You can try

A brief introduction | Volksbund.de

Good luck w your hunt
    Z

?

Hey Zach, thank you for your replies and additional info ! Sadly, only the main name of the solder is present which it makes a bit harder to find a certain person.

I'll try me best to provide better photos, but the environment is not the best here. Maybe i can add some close-up shots of the decal.

Hi Tobi,
    a very nice large sized re-issue, I do however feel (just my opinion) that the Strache decal is post war applied as it has clearly split on application in several area's as well as developing some cracks. That happens due to the glues make up begining to break down over over the years before it was applied. I hope that's not too disappointing as it is still a very nice helmet.Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Tobi,
    a very nice large sized re-issue, I do however feel (just my opinion) that the Strache decal is post war applied as it has clearly split on application in several area's as well as developing some cracks. That happens due to the glues make up begining to break down over over the years before it was applied. I hope that's not too disappointing as it is still a very nice helmet.Leon.
    Wow ... Leon. Blast from the past before my time mate but I have ready many a post by you and we have chatted .... Hope you are well mate!
    Z

?

Thank you very much for your answer, Leon. It makes sense to me.
    But now i'm very disappointed because i bought it from a well known dealer (after a long search). So i thought, all is good.

I guess i have to send it back or get a discount.. I don't know.

The ES decal has unjustly received negative attention online for many years and people tend to over analyze the application. In fact on reissued M35 and transitional helmets you can be quite confident they are wartime applied.
    There as many unapplied HJ&K decals around but for some reason they don’t get the same treatment as the Strache. I think it is time to reverse our thinking concerning this decal.
    I really like the helmet.

Quote by tobi View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer, Leon. It makes sense to me.
    But now i'm very disappointed because i bought it from a well known dealer (after a long search). So i thought, all is good.

I guess i have to send it back or get a discount.. I don't know.
    Hi, always wait for other opinions, mine is only one, but that is how I would read this decal if it were in my hands. It is still a very fine re-issue, named as well, but if it is not all you would wish it to be, then that is indeed a pity. I hope you have a good outcome my friend. Leon.

Can’t upload from my Ipad but you can see mine here.
    Reissued Heer Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast