Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43

Article about: Recent arrival from Germany. Ostensibly straight out of the woodwork and never in a collection before. Decal carefully removed. Liner band too tight and dusty to observe stampings. Named in

TWS
    ?

Default Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43

Recent arrival from Germany. Ostensibly straight out of the woodwork and never in a collection before. Decal carefully removed. Liner band too tight and dusty to observe stampings. Named in the liner to “Frank Haro”. Perhaps Harold Frank was the soldier’s name. If the chin strap was maker marked, it has worn away.

Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That's a great score Todd. Nice clean, solid and complete! Sexy in an unsexy way.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very tidy example Todd! Nearly did a double take when I saw the shell size - thought it said 60! Got 60’s in my head at the moment congratulations

Andy

Nice one, Todd.
    Even with the decal removed.
    The "double seam" in the liner is interesting, too.
    Never seen that before.
    Luis

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A very tidy example Todd! Nearly did a double take when I saw the shell size - thought it said 60! Got 60’s in my head at the moment congratulations

Andy
    Thanks Andy! Nah, no size 60. 66 is my favorite shell size although many of my helmets are size 64 as that was the most common.
    I try not to be one of those "size obsessed" helmet collectors but to me a size 60 looks like a toy and a size 68 is too big to fit on my primary helmet display shelving unit. Therefore all of my German helmets are size 62 to 66.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

My favorite maker. neat untouched helmet as said already Todd ! well done

Very cool addition Todd. Did the dealer say a relative brought it in or something ? Gotta love those woodworks. Kinda makes the history feel not so broken up. You are the first one wondering about it in a way
    Z

TWS
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Very cool addition Todd. Did the dealer say a relative brought it in or something ? Gotta love those woodworks. Kinda makes the history feel not so broken up. You are the first one wondering about it in a way
    Z
    He described it as a "family purchased helmet that has never been in a collector's hands". As a German dealer with a network of pickers he gets a fair % of his items right out of the woodwork. I believe it when he states that because I have never found those items on other forums or in the archives of other dealers or auction houses, etc.

I think it's cool to get woodwork items, but not a requirement for me and I don't pay extra for the story.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very nice Todd - it looks like it has been well kept over the years too.
    Nick

TWS
    ?

I was looking through one of my books on the 1st Panzer Division the other day and came across a German officer with the first name of Haro. I instantly thought of my helmet. It's not the helmet of this man, but demonstrates that, although unusual, there were German men during that period with the name Haro.

Heer M40 former SD NS66 Lot DN43
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast