Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

heer SD M42

Article about: what do you guys think about this one the thing that disturbs me is the fact te decal is in quite a high place on the helmet

Default heer SD M42

what do you guys think about this one
    the thing that disturbs me is the fact te decal is in quite a high place on the helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture heer SD M42   heer SD M42  

heer SD M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement heer SD M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: heer SD M42

Michael
    Firstly, I wouldn't worry about the placement of the decal. they were sometimes placed "in the field" so they wouldn't necessarily be in nice straight lines, and uniform.

My initial thoughts and concerns are about the decal.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen one with an eye quite like that one!.

And why is it scratched (new scratch?) just by the feet? another flag. The drawstring has been added at a later date Liner looks ok. But as I said i would like to see a clearer picture of the decal area. JMO

?

Michael i'm with John re the decal i don't like the scatch in the feet area exposing what looks like fairly new rust.

What is the silver content of the decal like ? It's hard to tell from thse photos.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The decal placement does not worry me one bit, but the decal itself does. I would share the concerns already expressed.

Cheers, Ade.

I must say I see no real red flags IMHO , the decal is a late one and usualy applied on NS or EF shells .

?

Quote by michiel kruger View Post
    what do you guys think about this one
    the thing that disturbs me is the fact te decal is in quite a high place on the helmet

Placement is ok, I think that the wear on the decal matches the shell condition and the scratch at the foot area is a nasty coincidence. The decal looks alright to me as well. From a collectibility standpoint however, I would pass on this one, one think that helmet collectors don't like, heads, feet and the hakenkreuz scratched or defaced off making it a hard piece to resell down the road.