Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet ?

Article about: Hi Forum Unfortunately someone has painted the helmet, but I will see if I can it off with some chemicals or other methods. I have just got this helmet, Is it a M42 ?, Could SE be Sachsische

Default Helmet ?

Hi Forum

Unfortunately someone has painted the helmet, but I will see if I can it off with some chemicals or other methods.

I have just got this helmet, Is it a M42 ?, Could SE be Sachsische Emaillerwerk , what is 4060 at the neck. All ID/ comments are welcome

SE 66/ SE 60 at the innerside (Sachsische Emaillerwerk) ?
    4060/ 406C at the neck inside ?
    60 on the leather (must be size)
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet  ?   Helmet  ?  

Helmet  ?   Helmet  ?  

Helmet  ?   Helmet  ?  

Helmet  ?   Helmet  ?  

Helmet  ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet  ?
    P
    Many

This page can help you with the model.
    Combat models and makers – German Helmet Vault

MAP
    ?

Needless to say, a complete put together piece. Doesn't look like there is anything original under the black paint. I think I can see bare metal under the hand painted "decal". so removing the paint won't reveal anything.

Liner of course is not German. Not sure what helmet it is from.

Only thing I can see this being used for is a ground up restoration for a re-enactor.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The helmet was fitted with a post war liner - maybe Czech? and their helmets were painted black.

The shield colour is odd - I could only find Placilla - a Provence of Chile that uses those colours on a flag or shield??? ...... or the Bahamas

As Frank said, you should really arm yourself with some helmet features knowledge - asking what the numbers mean is "first grade" stuff!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Correct, there is nothing under the painted decal, you can see a bit of the bare metal because I have tried to remove the painted decal. Regarding the stamps in the helmet ? Could it be post war reissued Czech Helmet ?

It is not so hard to look up the numbers, most of them are on Google, I was just in doubt about these 2 helmets.

Thank you for your link and help