Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet for discussion

Article about: Welcome to the forum Neutral. Hope you enjoy your stay here. We are a polite forum and welcome all new members but we do appreciate if you provide some commentary as well as a "thanks&q

Default Helmet for discussion

Helmet for discussionHelmet for discussionHelmet for discussion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet for discussion
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Neutral. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

We are a polite forum and welcome all new members but we do appreciate if you provide some commentary as well as a "thanks".

So, what is your question? What do you want to discuss?

My two cents....First the liner is bad and I don't hold out hope for the shell as well. Appears to be an interwar commercial style M18 but my knowledge on them is not very deep. Wait for others on the shell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your reply MAP my questions were just as you answered I was trying to determine if it was a reproduction and I think now it is based on your input but as you say lets wait on others as well

Another repro/fake shell. Bad from top to bottom. Stay away from that seller. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Another repro/fake shell. Bad from top to bottom. Stay away from that seller. Jim G.
    +1, seems to be a classic Chinese fake. Leon.

Quote by helmet2id View Post

Thanks for the input but quiite often sellers will have good mixed with the bad, it might not be intentional as they might recieve a collection that contained a few fakes, they have to take it all as partof the deal, it's up to us to pick the real from the repros

Quote by Neutral View Post

Thanks for the input but quiite often sellers will have good mixed with the bad, it might not be intentional as they might recieve a collection that contained a few fakes, they have to take it all as partof the deal, it's up to us to pick the real from the repros
    If a militaria dealer cannot see that is a fake shell he should quit dealing in militaria.

Dealer is responsible for what he sells. One should "Know your product" before asking for money. Unless he is a crook. As stated in a prior post, might want to stay away from this dealer.
    Agreed, a total post war fabrication

Any experienced dealer would pick that as a fake in 30 seconds. An ethical dealer would list it as a "repro", if it's not, then you must question competency and integrity.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Any experienced dealer would pick that as a fake in 30 seconds. An ethical dealer would list it as a "repro", if it's not, then you must question competency and integrity.
    you are so right!