Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet liner help identify

Article about: I recently picked up this WW2 Quist M40 Beaded Luftschultz helmet. Q 64 with DN on the rear Falange. I need help identifying the 5 tongue liner with what appears to be a dried out leather ri

?

Default Helmet liner help identify

I recently picked up this WW2 Quist M40 Beaded Luftschultz helmet. Q 64 with DN on the rear Falange. I need help identifying the 5 tongue liner with what appears to be a dried out leather rim. I thought maybe a modified WW1 liner with make shift leather tongues.
    Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Helmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identifyHelmet liner help identify

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet liner help identify
    P
    Many

These luftschutz helmet have a wide variety of different types of liner. I have 4 right now and all 4 liners are different. I guess it was just what was available when the helmet was built. I would assume that they would save the good leather for the combat helmets.

This is the only one that I have a pic of in my phone but this one is made of cloth
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet liner help identify  

?

Thanks I agree. Looking at old WW1 liners, It kind of looks like that they put together. A lot of it seemed to be glued on and the chin strap buckle is also falling apart. thanks again.

Here is another not some common one. It feels almost like thick paper with a wax coating on top or maybe plastic. Im not really sure what this one is and its the first I've come across
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet liner help identify  

I have a host of different civic liners on my website.
    Civic liners – German Helmet Vault

?

Yes. The tongues of the line look very similar to mine. And it does feel like thick leather and the liner and almost feels like hardened cardboard or plastic.
    Yes your liner page is very good and very helpful.
    Thanks.

Quote by IMegaSquirt View Post
    Here is another not some common one. It feels almost like thick paper with a wax coating on top or maybe plastic. Im not really sure what this one is and its the first I've come across
    Liner made of what they called Presstoff, artificial leather.

?

Persstoff... thanks! Interesting.

?

Presstoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast