Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

Article about: The markings are not like instead of "QVL62" these that is selling the German militaria page? The Collector's Guild

Default Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

M42 Helmet Size (Gr. 54). 62 Q und 5966.Que Marcage you think of this helmet?
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake?  Helmet M42 Original or Fake? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet M42 Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Helmet M42 Original or Fake?

Im thinking its a complete refurbished and repainted helmet, with a liner thats been aged therefore a possible repro

Is that black paint inside the dome?

?

Are you sure this isnt a qvl 62? Quist M42 helmets are exceedingly rare and the ones I have seen begin with the DN prefix. There appears to be more letters stamped in the helmet than Q and it appears a lower case q. This would make this a very late war M42.

It's a refurb for me.

However if it is in fact a 'qvl' shell, it would be worth picking up just for that.

Refurb Helmet,
    I do not think this is a Q helmet look Like more letters there to me.
    Chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Refurb Helmet,
    I do not think this is a Q helmet look Like more letters there to me.
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

I think that Q is thought to be qvl as well. Nobody really knows much about qvl, because the mark only appears on a small handful of these late-war M42's.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi Chris,

I think that Q is thought to be qvl as well. Nobody really knows much about qvl, because the mark only appears on a small handful of these late-war M42's.
    I think Jim found one last year if I remenber correctly.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I think Jim found one last year if I remenber correctly.
    chris
    They are pretty rare, but I have seen, online and in hand, about 5 or 6 within the past year and a half. I don't know if I was just lucky or if they are more common than I used to think.

I was at a gun show in Utah several months ago, where I met a man who had an M42 in his display. I asked if I could handle it, and he let me. It was a 'qvl', and im complete condition. I asked him if he would sell it to me and he said "Yep, $300". Unfortunately my debit card refused to work at the ATM. I suppose the point of the story is to always bring cash to shows... lol

Yep I agree its a qvl lid. Even being a refurb I will still invest in a qvl, just for the fact its such a late war version.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast