Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet pricing.

Article about: Hello, Since I've had some money now, I want to know how much I should spend on certain helmets. I don't know much about helmet pricing, but what I want to look at are Beaded M35-42 helmets

Default Helmet pricing.

Hello,
    Since I've had some money now, I want to know how much I should spend on certain helmets.
    I don't know much about helmet pricing, but what I want to look at are

Beaded M35-42 helmets
    M34 Helmet
    Gladiator style helmet

I'd like to know price expectancy if the helmet had decals and a liner, or if it was just a shell.

Thank you for any responses.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet pricing.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That is a really really wide range of price points since you are looking from semi relic to full blown helmets with decals across three different helmet types! Within the M34 alone there are many different types too.

Plus.....are you buying from another collector? An estate sale? Or a dealer?

I own a few of each. All in very good condition. But since they were all bought a long time ago and it is not an area I really collect, I have no idea what they go for now.

A general rule of thumb is to look at good dealer websites and then discount 30% + for a collector to collector average price.

Check out "The Collectors Guild" and "The Ruptured Duck". Both can be pricy compared to other dealers but they have a large assortment of helmets to compare to. And in different "condition" levels.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm mostly just looking for simple shells.
    My budget for one helmet of that type is around 80 dollars, so unless there is a really good deal, I'm mostly looking for a shell.

MAP
    ?

Quote by aircap1 View Post
    I'm mostly just looking for simple shells.
    My budget for one helmet of that type is around 80 dollars, so unless there is a really good deal, I'm mostly looking for a shell.
    Dealers are out of the question in that price range and typically they don't sell just shells. Not sure where the supply is for shells as it is an area I don't focus on. Maybe Ebay, Craigslist, Local shows. But I think with patience you should eventually find one in the $100 range (probably not a beaded helmet though). Hopefully some guys can point you in the right direction as to where to look.

Our advice is always the same. Be patient, Be Smart, Be diligent in your search.....and while you are looking keep on socking the pennies away to "up" the budget. My son is the same age so I know where your coming from.

There is a helmet out there for you! And it will be worth the wait once you find it.

Edit: I'm going to a local show in late Feb. If you don't find one, send me a PM in mid Feb and I'll keep a lookout for one from some of guys I know there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here in Germany a Gladiator costs complete 100€ and a M34 with police decals 140€
    Without decals M34 30€ and Gladiator 40€ and beaded 50€ on average
    Really cheap but the WH helmets were extreme overpriced
    BR
    Bavarian

Quote by MAP View Post
    Dealers are out of the question in that price range and typically they don't sell just shells. Not sure where the supply is for shells as it is an area I don't focus on. Maybe Ebay, Craigslist, Local shows. But I think with patience you should eventually find one in the $100 range (probably not a beaded helmet though). Hopefully some guys can point you in the right direction as to where to look.

Our advice is always the same. Be patient, Be Smart, Be diligent in your search.....and while you are looking keep on socking the pennies away to "up" the budget. My son is the same age so I know where your coming from.

There is a helmet out there for you! And it will be worth the wait once you find it.

Edit: I'm going to a local show in late Feb. If you don't find one, send me a PM in mid Feb and I'll keep a lookout for one from some of guys I know there.
    Fully agree , 80 USD is really low. Best save up some more for something better.

I would suggest patience. There are plenty about and rather than jumping at the first one you see you might consider holding off for a better, more complete example and saving up more money in the meantime. Shells without liners are two a penny and won't be worth anything more than that in the future, but a nice example is still a worthwhile investment - you just got to get the right one.

Good luck!

Here in Germany a Gladiator costs complete 100€ and a M34 with police decals 140€
    Without decals M34 30€ and Gladiator 40€ and beaded 50€ on average
    Really cheap but the WH helmets were extreme overpriced
    BR
    Bavarian

... in 2010 but not in the last years. The prices in germany are also higher and higher in the last years.

There is plenty of Cheap Gladiators, M34 can go up to 200, but still considerably low. Non Decal M34 are basically thrown after you and you can find thim everywhere, on any flea market.
    Any Wehrmacht used helmets start at arround 100 tho and go up to 700 for a normal good conditoned Heer.

You have just to search on the right places

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast