Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Resource Book #2 - 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' by Ken N

Article about: Folks, Not satisfied with the first book by Ken Niewiarowicz I've now purchased his 2nd book 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich'. It was a comparative bargain at 'only' £88. I've only had

Default Helmet Resource Book #2 - 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' by Ken N

Folks,

Not satisfied with the first book by Ken Niewiarowicz I've now purchased his 2nd book 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich'. (EDIT: I wanted to learn even more!)
    It was a comparative bargain at 'only' £88.

I've only had a chance to flick through it but looks good.
    I think now I need a USB microscope like Frank has suggested in previous posts if I'm hoping to obtain a 'higher end' helmet.

The problem I have is that a lot of the selling is done online and I need to see any helmets in person.
    Hoping to catch some fairs in the UK to try and correct that.

Time, knowledge and money. The last is the hardest to come by and I don't want to waste it...

Nick

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Resource Book #2 - 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' by Ken N   Helmet Resource Book #2 - 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' by Ken N  

Last edited by HoundsTooth; 10-10-2017 at 07:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Resource Book #2 - 'The Helmet Decals of the Third Reich' by Ken N
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Are you saying you were not "happy" with Ken's first book? Or.... that after reading it, you wanted to learn even more (not satiated)? Both books in my opinion are required reference books and are top notch. The first focusing primarily on the helmets and the second on the decals.

USB microscopes are very important when studying decals. But even then, you have to learn what to look for.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-10-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

....might see you at one of the Fairs......and you look "safe"....in that we'll be looking for different bits!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Are you saying you were not "happy" with Ken's first book? Are that after reading it, you wanted to learn even more (not satiated)? Both books in my opinion are required reference books and are top notch. The first focusing primarily on the helmets and the second on the decals.

USB microscopes are very important when studying decals. But even then, you have to learn what to look for.
    Hi Michael, what I meant was yes I was happy, but wanted to learn more - you're right that his first book is very good. Having briefly looked at the second I think it will be worth every penny.
    Thanks, Nick

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....might see you at one of the Fairs......and you look "safe"....in that we'll be looking for different bits!
    I think there's a regular fair in Kent which is fairly close and one in Aldershot. Probably best discussed in the dedicated forum for that though.
    Nick

Hi guys,
    Just bought this book (new) yesterday from Leeds fair and only had a quick flick through it but does look a very interesting and informative read...... well worth the money.

Andre

Guys...there is NOTHING else out there as far as reference material on German helmets & decals !! Both books are extremely important & needed if you don't have "hands on" access to many original helmets & want to amass a collection of originals. There are a few dealers that know their stuff in regards to helmets. Between that & a good book to refer to, it should not be too difficult to not get burned on a fake.

Plus if you ever lose interest, the books have a good re-sale value