Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet seller in Greece...

Article about: The guys M.O.is practically the same as that joker 'Nikoslira' who claimed he was Greek but was actually posting from Bulgaria. He pinched photo's off the net ala Pawel Nowak stylee and clai

Default Re: Helmet seller in Greece...

The guys M.O.is practically the same as that joker 'Nikoslira' who claimed he was Greek but was actually posting from Bulgaria. He pinched photo's off the net ala Pawel Nowak stylee and claimed they were his. Does anyone remember the trumpet banner and EK1 he was trying to hawk on here? Ade gave him the Spanish Archer, but he popped up on some other forums too, using the same name or something similar.

Hope this helps Kilomikesierra.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet seller in Greece...
    P
    Many

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    And who is the seller, what is their name here? Clearly a scam so don't feel like you need to protect them.
    Just in case there is a genuine mistake it's best to name them privately to forum staff first. No-one would like their name being trashed just because they made a mistake would they?

And we will also avoid a thread devoted to slagging people off without actually knowing the full facts or who they're actually slagging off.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Just in case there is a genuine mistake it's best to name them privately to forum staff first. No-one would like their name being trashed just because they made a mistake would they?
    Voice of reason, fair enough Ade. I get angry quickly with stuff like this...

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    No, same helmet. Notice the dark areas - they are the same in all photos.
    ??? The first is an M40, the second is an M42.

Ok, cat's out of the bag I guess.

His first contact was under board name of "mariana", joined July 2012 with 2 posts...

Quote by mariana
    Hello from Greece, I have a helmet for sale, very good price, let me know if you want some photos.
    Best Regards
    Marios
    And his email contact;

Tsako Mihail <tsakalosmih@yahoo.gr>

Definitely two different helmets. I applaud you for being suspicious and cautious. It paid off for you in the end. Bravo. Always be weary of people directly contacting you about any item. He probably saw you were new and figured he could try and pull a fast one, but you were hip to it and weren't fooled.

?

Ok, now we know I'll close the thread while it's looked into.

I have contacted the member requesting an explanation within 48 hours.

Thank you for bringing this matter up and well done for your vigilance.

?

As an update, the member 'mariana' has some big issues which he should've attended to before joining a militaria collectors forum and unfortunately he has had to depart our community.

Thank you for bringing him to our attention and it serves as a warning to be very careful if you receive unsolicited offers from strangers offering you things for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2