Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help. Is this Authentic

Article about: Hello all, I will admit I am new to collecting WWII militaria. I have done lots of research regarding authenticity of items. However, I do not yet trust my own eyes and really value more the

Default Help. Is this Authentic

Hello all,

I will admit I am new to collecting WWII militaria. I have done lots of research regarding authenticity of items. However, I do not yet trust my own eyes and really value more the opinions of more experienced collectors.
    I found a Kriegsmarine helmet that I am interested in, but I don't want to spend on it without first getting a second opinion. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Help. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this AuthenticHelp. Is this Authentic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help. Is this Authentic
    P
    Many

Looks promising to me, it's an EF M42 and KM EF M42s exist, in my eyes the helmet in its entirety certainly adds up, but as for the decal I'd defer to the more experienced folks, a more straight up photo wouldn't hurt, though.
    Luis

I’ve seen this one somewhere before. Unfortunately it seems that I see more KMs with damaged decals than say Heers. That could be due to the fact that many of the KM decals have multi layered construction and they are a bit more “flakey”. I believe this to be a “good” one. At least in terms of Authenticity

Please Wait for more opinions though.
    -Zach

Good helmet.

I agree with Frank, a good KM! Jim G.

Well thank you all for your responses! Unfortunately the seller did not take down the item, which seems customary among dealers. So the search for a KM helmet continues.

Quote by GERManAaronNYC View Post
    Well thank you all for your responses! Unfortunately the seller did not take down the item, which seems customary among dealers. So the search for a KM helmet continues.
    Be patient mate. I just did this too. I know the "I want it NOW" feeling but tbh there arent that many great ones for sale currently (1 or 2 for $4K and $8K haha..and an M42 one on another Well known dealers site that was meh but reasonably priced..decal entact). I just happened to stumble across a nice one that had been listed for only a few days and was a woodwork. The same could happen to you if you are continually on the hunt. I dont know what kind of a collector you are but if you are like me you want to invest in a good one you can be proud of and will have for years to come. Though there is something for the learning process to grab a few just to get your hands on as well. Happy Hunting! And post here if you are unsure. If I come across one Ill shoot your way.