Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

*Help* German police/fire helmet

Article about: So I bought this helmet from a ww2 auction which was said to be authentic. I was wondering if you guys could help me out by giving me more information about it and if it’s even authentic. Th

Default *Help* German police/fire helmet

So I bought this helmet from a ww2 auction which was said to be authentic. I was wondering if you guys could help me out by giving me more information about it and if it’s even authentic. Thank you for all the answers in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture *Help* German police/fire helmet   *Help* German police/fire helmet  

*Help* German police/fire helmet   *Help* German police/fire helmet  

Last edited by Giants77; 12-18-2018 at 05:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement *Help* German police/fire helmet
    P
    Many

"Square dip" M34 fire police with removed comb & plugged. Everything is original except what looks to be a modern shoelace as a tie string...close up of decals (both) would be nice, but the eagle decal appears to be original
    D.

There’s a name in it too do you know if they did that during ww2 or was it more likely that someone put a name on it after the war? And thank you!

MAP
    ?

Soldiers (or in this case fire/police) often named helmets. A nice touch that gives it some personalization.

One question. Are the left and right chin straps different colors?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you! And no they are the same color one is just starting to deteriorate really bad. And do you know how much it’s worth is I’m ecstatic it is real now I hope I just didn’t really over pay for it.

I also tried to take a picture of the name just in case anyone wanted to see

MAP
    ?

Price is subjective. I'm not up to speed on current prices for Civil Helmets. Maybe $200 +/- in this condition?? Others should be more current on prices.

The harness style strap is not something I see very often. Not sure if it is rare or if it impacts the price.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)