Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help on helmet please

Article about: Hi gang, I have this helmet on the way to me, my parents have just acquired it from the vets family, and it has an unusual painted decal?? any help on this would be great, I will have it in

Default Help on helmet please

Hi gang, I have this helmet on the way to me, my parents have just acquired it from the vets family, and it has an unusual painted decal??
    any help on this would be great, I will have it in my hands after 10 tonight so I can post better pics of it,
    thanks for any of your help
    Ronnie

PS been told it could have a possibility being related to the Italian RSI period??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on helmet please   Help on helmet please  

Help on helmet please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on helmet please
    P
    Many

?

I think the decal is no good and has had a postwar black repainted layer added to it

This helmet appears to have been repainted glossy black...I've never seen this decal-design before nor can I find it among any of my references...
    The shell, liner and chinstrap appear good...Look forward to other opinions...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi , I agree with the other chaps that this appears to have had a post war re-paint on the outside , as for the decal, I have never seen it before so i'm guessing it is a fantasy.Maybe the vet just wanted to commerate the fact he brought this Third Reich helmet back from Italy?? Leon.

Hi Ronnie,

That decal is a new one for me mate, I think the whole exterior is post war to be honest. The interior looks nice and untouched but when compared to the outside the difference in appearance suggests decades between the two, for me anyway.

Thanks guys got it in hand now and you are all pretty spot by the looks of it, I can just make out the outline of the original decal beside the painted on one
    thanks for the info guys,
    next question should I remove the paint? if so whats the best way without causing any more harm
    cheers Ronnie

If it's meant to be Italian, the tricolor is backwards. Could someone be trying to replicate a Hungarian or Bulgarian flag?

Anyone can tell it has been repainted. Decal is susposed to be of Italian origian but agree seems backwards. No doubt original German helmet timothy

Acetone should remove the paint but it will be a labour of love as you'll have to go slow and steady to not remove the underlying paint and/or decal.

thanks very much Guys for all your reply's and PM's I have just started to remove the paint (very slowly) with cotton bud and......sand coloured paint is coming through
    hells bells it is tedious though lol
    cheers Ronnie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast