Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with identification of helmet...... ..... . .

Article about: Hello everyone..... This is my first post. Has nothing to do with selling or buying. I'm looking for any help identifying what type of helmet this female is wearing. I'm just very curious. I

RMD
    ?

Default Help with identification of helmet...... ..... . .

Hello everyone.....

This is my first post. Has nothing to do with selling or buying. I'm looking for any help identifying what type of helmet this female is wearing. I'm just very curious.

I believe that she is wearing a Luftwaffe helmet, the type they wore when parachuting. This photo looks to be late in the war, when normal citizens were taking up arms to defend the Reich. So, instead, could this just be a helmet that was laying around, or maybe taken from a dead combatant? Could the helmet be Polish, or Russian? But, if this is the case, then someone added a swastika shield decal on the left side (your right) Pretty sure that the helmet is also double decal. The other girl, side-view, clearly has the Hitler Youth decal. But the girl in question has a different type of decal.

I do believe that it is Luftwaffe. But, did they have helmets with swastika shields, like the SS? I thought that they only had the flying eagle clenching a swastika?

Anyway, got any ideas?

Appreciate the help. Take care...... ....... ... . .

Help with identification of helmet...... ..... .   .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with identification of helmet...... ..... .   .
    P
    Many

I think the woman facing the camera is wearing an Italian helmet. I also think that the insignia is not a party shield decal. I think it is a painted HJ insignia, like the insignia on the HJ helmets in that famous picture in the Baer book where the helmets are hanging from the packs on e ground. I think the HJ diamond on the M34 is painted as well. I could be wrong. Jim G.

I am having doubts about this being a WW2 era image. Just my opinion.

Take care,

Mart

MAP
    ?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    I am having doubts about this being a WW2 era image. Just my opinion.

Take care,

Mart
    Yup. Agree with Mart. Not a period photo IMHO

But she is a cutie! So don't mind seeing it.

And yes, as Jim said, it's an Italian M33 helmet. And the "decal" is a HJ diamond inside a black shield
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RMD
    ?

Helmit2id... Interesting. Italian, yes, I can see that. Makes sense.

Thanks

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Martin C..... .

To be honest, I myself also thought that the girl just looked out of place for a WW2 image. But, I spend a lot of time on the net trying to find interesting photos related to the War, just enjoy looking at them. This one was mixed in with obviously real photos from the war. / What else could it be though, just a photo-shoot, or maybe some 1970's war reenactment?

Anyway, thanks' for the response. Whatever it is, I think helmet2id nailed it. What I was mistaking for a swastika shield decal, is a painted HJ on an Italian helmet.

Not sure that I'm 100% convinced that the photo isn't from the War though. Oh well

Take care.

I also think the photo is a contemporary due to the clarity etc. Here is link that may provide further information: Nazi

RMD
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yup. Agree with Mart. Not a period photo IMHO

But she is a cutie! So don't mind seeing it.

And yes, as Jim said, it's an Italian M33 helmet. And the "decal" is a HJ diamond inside a black shield

Thanks' for the response, MAP.

Yeah, I also had some doubts about the photo being from the War. But honestly, I'm still not 100% sure that it's fake. Very well could be though.

Just glad that the question is answered.. I think you guys are right, an Italian helmet with the HJ symbol painted on.

..... Oh, and yes, she is a cutie indeed

Take care

RMD
    ?

AndyM35... Thanks! That is an interesting link. Most of the photos are indeed reenactments, with a few authentic pictures mixed in.

For some reason, I still want to believe that this photo is real Maybe it's just the romantic in me, picturing this beauty in my mind, facing down certain death, giving up her ambitions of producing a future family and instead preparing to bravely die in defense of her Fatherland.

Well, at least I now know what kind of helmet she is wearing

Take care.

Take a look at the two people in the background. Does their clothing look to be of 1940's German fashion? Is that a hood covering one persons head? How often do we see a hood being worn in a period image?

Mart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast