Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify M35 or M40

Article about: Hi, guys! I have a german helmet and I know the difference between M35 and M40 is the vent hole.But I can not tell them exactly. It has a mark SE64 and two decals(The right three-color d

?

Default Help identify M35 or M40

Hi, guys! I have a german helmet and I know the difference between M35 and M40 is the vent hole.But I can not tell them exactly.
    It has a mark SE64 and two decals(The right three-color decal has fade completely,but can see a little trace).

I have provided some external and internal photos of vent hole. I hope you can give some opinions.Is this M35 or M40. Thanks!

Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40Help identify M35 or M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify M35 or M40
    P
    Many

Looks like a field over painted double decal M35, you can see the cracking and the shape of the national decal under the paint. Nice.
    Regards B.

MAP
    ?

Can you provide a photo of the liner?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Am I right in saying that it would be quite uncommon to encounter a double-decal M40 in the first place?

It certainly looks like an M35 based on the vents. The rust and paint seems to have 'filled in' the rim of the vent pieces, make them look contiguous with the shell as on an M40; or so it looks to me anyway. Better eyes will doubtless opine.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Am I right in saying that it would be quite uncommon to encounter a double-decal M40 in the first place?

It certainly looks like an M35 based on the vents. The rust and paint seems to have 'filled in' the rim of the vent pieces, make them look contiguous with the shell as on an M40; or so it looks to me anyway. Better eyes will doubtless opine.
    It's an M35 to my eyes. And yes an M40 DD is a red flag
    Last edited by MAP; 07-06-2023 at 08:40 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The easiest way to distinguish the difference between an M35 or M40 is to look at the inside of the helmet where the vent holes are. If the surface around the vent is flat then it's an M35, if the holes are recessed then it's an M40.