MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help regarding an M35 (Q62) Stahlhelm

Article about: I recently acquired this helmet for a friend of mine. Prior to handing it over to him next week, it's in my hands for the next couple of days and I was looking at it to see if there was anyt

Default Help regarding an M35 (Q62) Stahlhelm

I recently acquired this helmet for a friend of mine. Prior to handing it over to him next week, it's in my hands for the next couple of days and I was looking at it to see if there was anything that I had missed.

At first glance, it appears to be a M35 stahlhelm Quist-manufactured and size 62 (Q62), while at the rear is a serial number 21070. I personally think the liner is a repro, and that the helmet may have been refurbished in the past, since the green tinge on the inside is slightly different from that of the outside. I don't think the refurbish job was too bad (forgive me if I'm wrong), and am slightly curious whether the inside paint is original. I don't think the shell is a fake though, since the ventilation hole size and type seem to be the correct.

Just wanted to say the 62 was a lot smaller than I had expected.

Anyway, hopefully some you may share some insight that I may have overlooked,
    Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help regarding an M35 (Q62) Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

From the color and texture of the exterior paint, it certainly looks like it was a post war repaint.

Shell is original.

I'm not sure about the liner. But it certainly not original to the helmet and would assume it is bad.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

yep post war repaint , repro liner. Nothing of much value for us old collectors. Inside paint hard to say but so far it doesn't look good to me either.

As others already stated the only thing original is the shell. Like Frank I believe even the inside was repainted.

Little to none Collector Value and because of its small siye also little Reanactor value.