Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help* should I try to get this german helmet

Article about: So I found another helmet the band is covering the rivers but he is going to remove the band and send some more and when I get them I will put them on here. He is asking 300 U.S dollars I wa

Default help* should I try to get this german helmet

So I found another helmet the band is covering the rivers but he is going to remove the band and send some more and when I get them I will put them on here. He is asking 300 U.S dollars I was wondering if it was worth trying to add it to my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help* should I try to get this german helmet   help* should I try to get this german helmet  

help* should I try to get this german helmet   help* should I try to get this german helmet  

help* should I try to get this german helmet   help* should I try to get this german helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help* should I try to get this german helmet
    P
    Many

I think you first need to define your collection interests.
    If your price range is 200/300 USD you will have either helmets with issues or ground found helmets.

Collecting is not about finding things at half the price , it can work once per 50 helmets. If you are Lucky.

A good decent helmet costs 500 USD (no decal) and up.

This one has a fake liner.

My frank and honest advice? Save up and shop around for a higher-end example from a credible, trustworthy source. ND M42 helmets in good condition are by no means outrageously expensive. They can't be had for peanuts, but then no decent German lid can. If you want to add a German combat helmet to your collection, you'll appreciate it more in the long run if you invest a bit more time and money into it, rather than jumping on the first cheap lid that comes your way. They're usually cheap for a reason. When something is too good to be true - especially in the world of German helmets - it almost always is.

Regards, B.B.

I echo the above comments. This a duff item and the seller should be declaring it as not original.
    The prices quoted above are valid market numbers. If you bought this and then became more knowledgeable you would never be happy with it and would be lucky to get back what you paid for it unless you sold it to some unfortunate who didn't know better.

You have done a good thing by posting it here before buying it, I wish more people would. Just leave it and save up whilst you look for a good piece. Far better one really good helmet than three or four like this.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

As said, no good to a collector, a fake liner. Leon.