Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer

Article about: Hi guys Got a question. Could you please help me with some information about this helmet. Is it original? It seems to have a post war extra paint. And the leather in the liner seems a bit th

?

Default Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer

Hi guys

Got a question.
    Could you please help me with some information about this helmet. Is it original? It seems to have a post war extra paint. And the leather in the liner seems a bit thin. Only number still visible is lotnumber 71. Is this a relic helmet or a barn find? Chin strap also seems post war but i'm not sure. Decal looks legit to me. Helmet seems to be refurbished a while ago or something.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer   Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer  

Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer   Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer  

Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer   Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer
    P
    Many

?

It looks like someone took a grinder or a sander to the front of the helmet..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

For the shell itself I would consider it to be in a 'semi relic' condition. Not quite ground dug, but also not in your typical vet bring back condition either. So most likely a barn/shed find like you mentioned.

As for the liner & chinstrap I can't really comment. To my novice eyes they look off.

Liner and strap are good but dyed after the war by the Norwegians. The helmet was probably overpainted too and stripped back. If you are looking to buy it I would advice to pass.

Pity it got stripped bare, would probably have been more valuable if it had been left in full post war Norwegian configuration.

Another Norwegian lid ruined by someone looking for a quick buck. A real shame. Postwar Norwegian helmets are fast becoming an endangered species!

B.B.

If this is ex- Norwegian the its the first I have ever seen with the original decal remaining. Normally they are /were completely stripped for a fresh repaint. I'd also like to see if the liner rivets are the domed brass ones they used, as they are normally visible....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks all for helping me,have bought the helmet for not that much i guess 130 euro
    Greetings

?

Hi Danmark they are from aluminium
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi Guys need some help with this M35 Heer  

Quote by Ulke View Post
    Hi Danmark they are from aluminium
    Well to my mind it NOT a Norwegian reissue and probably stripped back from a post war paint job as others have said.
    The liner is dark for sure, but the lack of the brass pins tells me its not the Norwegian dye ( the reason is that the German alloy pins are a "once use only" and break if you try to re-bend them ..... ask me how I know. )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "