Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?

Article about: Hello all I have this whitewashed ground dug helmet, I am trying to figure out how to put a value to it. It has been painted 3 times it has apple green inside the dome under the leather, it

?

Default How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?

Hello all I have this whitewashed ground dug helmet, I am trying to figure out how to put a value to it. It has been painted 3 times it has apple green inside the dome under the leather, it has a field gray over that with a lot of grit in that layer of paint so much so that it obscures the stamping completely. then it has another layer on top of that that is a thin whitewash. The liner and chinstrap are brittle and not soft. The liner band is completely corroded to the helmet. How do you "evaluate" a helmet like this and determine a reasonable price? or do you just throw a price on it then let the market decide? any opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?   How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?  

How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?   How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?  

How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?   How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you figure out a value for a helmet like this?
    P
    Many

?

Well, personally I would take in consideration, all the individual qualities it has. It's a winter camo, so that's adds value. The fact it is a relic takes some value away. The fact it still retains all the leather is a good and adds value. The Size , model and maker can affect the value as well. Since you can't read the stamps, this doesn't really matter. Some people are able to tell the maker by the look of the helmet itself. The size can be realized by simple measurement .