Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I want to buy this camo helmet

Article about: Hey CamoForce! It’s always better to add a description of what you think of it and ask for help politely with a please and thanks. This Forum has some of the nicest and most intelligen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I want to buy this camo helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

And?

Is there a question?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is camo true?

Hey CamoForce! It’s always better to add a description of what you think of it and ask for help politely with a please and thanks. This Forum has some of the nicest and most intelligent people when it comes to ww2 collectibles we can all learn from one post when not only looking for one answer but multiple on why or why not it might be a legit camo or not. Others will be here to help you out I’m not advanced enough to give you the answer you are looking for. Have a great one and good luck!

MAP
    ?

Camo,

This is my issue with the helmet. The photos when expanded are not crisp and clear. I can not get a good close up view. This is what is truly needed in evaluating a camo helmet. Relic helmets are some of the easiest to "fake" and are hard to authenticate, even with good photos.

Obviously it is a ground dug relic. Do we know from where? It looks like a classic Western Front Normandy camo style (this being June 6th is quite ironic).

From these limited photos, I'm leaning towards it being good but we really need close up photos. I personally can't give it a thumbs up or down at the moment.

Further as a ground dug relic it looks like it was treated with an acid bath. This sometimes can distort the original paint color making them sometimes lighter. I see the "green" camo paint definitely being a lighter shade than your typical Normandy style greens.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Cami,

as already stated these photos are not clear enough to make a true assessment. At the very least clearer images would indicate if pitted rust has been painted over which would be a red flag.

I find it odd that the area on the right side of the missing liner pin has paint camo paint on it when I would have expected a grey due to being covered/protected by the pin but then again perhaps the paint seeped under the pin!?

If you are able to obtain more images ask for some inside the shell and from on top.

Regards,
    Andrew

thanks for your suggestions!

Hello, Andrew
    This is a close-up photo, thank you for helping me.

Attachment 1313355
    Attachment 1313356
    Attachment 1313357

- - ------- - -

Hello
    This is a close-up photo, thank you for helping me.

Attachment 1313355
    Attachment 1313356
    Attachment 1313357

MAP
    ?

I think it is a good relic camo that has had an acid bath. I see paint over the rust bubbles but no paint in the pits. Might have missed some though. Those with better eyes might see something different.

FNG
    ?

Hey I saw a listing on eBay of a camo helmet you should check it out that's a real one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast