Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet

Article about: I am a long time collector of German WW2 militaria and have owned this helmet for over 20 years. It is a Police M40 DD helmet, SE64, lot number 7868. The chinstap is dated 1941 and I believe

?

Default Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet

I am a long time collector of German WW2 militaria and have owned this helmet for over 20 years. It is a Police M40 DD helmet, SE64, lot number 7868. The chinstap is dated 1941 and I believe original to the helmet.

I am wondering whether anyone recognizes the symbol drawn inside the rear skirt. It appears to be drawn in pencil. It could be initials, but seems more like a logo. It is different than the symbol of the 4th SS Polizei Division, but I am wondering if it could be SS related. I am hopeful someone recognizes the logo to assist with me with identifying the history of this helmet. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet   Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet  

Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet   Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet  

Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet   Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identify symbol inside Police M40 DD helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry for the delay in responses. Lot's of people are still digesting Christmas Dinner! LoL

Nice helmet!

Looks like and S over an E. Could it be something as simple as maybe someone's initials ES or SE.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the response. I always wondered it if was some type of unit mark that someone would recognize. I think you are correct that it is probably stylized initials.

MAP
    ?

No problems. A beauty of a helmet too! Very nicely preserved!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)