Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please

Article about: Hi al I'm at a auction here viewing these if some one could help me authenticate these I'm just going to to put what pics I have sorry if there not good enough On the so called ss helmet som

Glad you've still got your money, feel sorry for whoever bought these. Don't they say 'no such thing as a free lunch' ?
    Regards
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please
    P
    Many

'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

B.B.

Quote by mar0367 View Post
    Just wanted to add a update ,both helmets sold at auction , they made £800 each
    That's criminal. Well for the camo SS anyway. The FJ....the shell & liner are original IMO. Even the paint looks right. So maybe worth $2K ??
    D.

I think people wanting to offload dodgy stuff like auctions as they are usually briefly advertised, not particularly well photographed and there is a time issue that makes potential buyers pressured to make a decision.
    The "SS" lid looks very much like the repro camo creations a certain well know American dealer advertise (as reproductions). The SS were so well supplied with cloth camo helmet covers from 1939, why bother to paint a helmet?

SS camos are almost non existent. I have known of maybe 6 accepted originals. The patterns were subdued...rather unattractive. Nothing "flashy" as we see on a heer or luft from the period.

Anderson...even the slightest amount of research would alert a buyer that any SS helmet starts at $2500. That would be one in minimal condition. So, it's sort of "sad..is that the right word ?" that $800 whatever was spent on this. Total waste.
    D.

Well left! The SS is terrible and if indeed the Fallschirmjager helmet does have good parts, it is a shame that it was further ruined by the addition of the fake decal. Leon.

I've seen these SS camo / wire helmets at shows and online - they are terrible. In most cases they were being sold cheap in the recognition that they were put together.
    It's a shame someone has parted with so much money for this one. 10 minutes of research would probably of been enough to avert this.
    Nick

Thanks for all the comments ,if nothing it's been a great talking point ,there was also a ss peeked cap that looked terrible very poorly made that made £2500 I will try and get a pick of it and post here for your thoughts
    Thanks all
    Mark

Default Pics of ss cap

Here are the pics of the cap that sold for £2400
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please   I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please  

I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please   I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please  

I'm at a auction viewing these thoughts please  

From my phone the cap eagle is an army type (Not so unusual on an SS cap) and the skull looks like it could be a good RZM 52 ! Might be worth posting this in the headgear section out of interest,Regards Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2