Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35

Article about: Hello Forum, I found this interesting helmet for sale, the seller sells it as a winter camouflage, but after longer looking at it, i doubt its only that. It seems the base, brush applied cam

Default Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35

Hello Forum,

I found this interesting helmet for sale, the seller sells it as a winter camouflage, but after longer looking at it, i doubt its only that.
    It seems the base, brush applied camouflage layer was a tan color, with redish and green tones mixed into it.

But i think i also see remains of a once applied whitewash on the helmet, there is white residue in the vents, aswell as arround the remains of the camouflage paintjob.
    It seems like that someone may have tried to search for a National shield once, but gave up pretty quickly.

I am questioning weather the camouflage paint may have come off period, while removing the white was, or if this is just a poor helmet, where someone tried to remove the paint post war, in which case i´m wondering why someone would stop this process in the middle.

All Opinions greatly appreciated as always!

Regards,
    Adravor

Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35
    Last edited by Adravor; 03-16-2021 at 03:20 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35
    P
    Many

Certainly has some character! .... but could also be a 'put-together' as those rivets have certainly been out and possibly a liner from another helmet added.
    ( as a Fulda helmet with that high a lot number should have a zinc one )

Looks like he has a few to choose from?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Not sure about the replaced liner! I should maybe ask for split pin pics, but the Lotn. database lists many in the same range as helmets with reinforced Alu liners, closest would be 20751, but up to 40512, the highest listed number, there appear regularly reinforced Aluminium liners.

Seller told me he once bought a whole collection, but now is selling them all off. This one and a battle damaged M42 are the last ones he still has.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Not sure about the replaced liner! I should maybe ask for split pin pics, but the Lotn. database lists many in the same range as helmets with reinforced Alu liners, closest would be 20751, but up to 40512, the highest listed number, there appear regularly reinforced Aluminium liners..
    Sorry, my mistake - I was looking at EF M42 numbers, NOT M35 ones ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I agree, the pins have no paint so it's hard to say if they belong to the helmet.
    The chinstrap buckle and pins are a lot rustier than the rest of the shell.
    Also one of the chin strap pins is alu and one is steel so I'm gonna guess that that one was added later.
    Perhaps ask for some pictures of the split pins from the inside to clarify.
    Luis

Its indeed very hard to tell. A member on GHW2 supposed it would be a ground found example, but i personally doubt that, as especially the inside shows not enough significat rust. The seller send me a few pictures, in horrible quality of the split pins, they look good at first glance, but i suppose only an in hand expection could really proove that.

I am sure though that the chin strap is an replacement.

Interesting Half-Ex camouflage M35

Interesting for sure... I just don't know about this one, but I've seen worse. I'd personally save my money and wait for a better one.

It's a shame when someone messes with a helmet, and ruins the history behind it.