MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's Garbage Day In America

Article about: A local city has an annual bulk trash pick up day where people put stuff out the night before for pick up the following day by the city. A friend of a friend was driving by and saw these by

Default It's Garbage Day In America

A local city has an annual bulk trash pick up day where people put stuff out the night before for pick up the following day by the city. A friend of a friend was driving by and saw these by the curb and the rest is history. The stuff is still out there. Best ABN

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture It's Garbage Day In America  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement It's Garbage Day In America
    P
    Many

Holy s##t, out for garbage?!
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Learning something new every day i guess... Here, where i live- there are some people stealing rusty helmets or their remains if they are visible outside the house just to sell them for profit. Great helmets- pretty much a great start for collection.

?

God Damn LOL. I always daydream about finding a stash of helmets on bulk pick up day. I never thought it actually happens. Congratulations !
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Sometimes we get lucky!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That looks like the militaria the GI wives would toss out back in the 50's. I'd pick it up on the way to school, hide it in a lot with trees and pick it up on the way home. My mom would then say "Hitler burned people" and toss it out. My dad told me, don't go out to get it and hide it, which of course I did! Eventually I'd get caught with the goods and both mom and dad would get upset with me. LOL. Before she passed away in 1992, when we visited, I'd go to the antique shops around the Cleveland area and buy militaria for what today many would say 'that's cheap". SS sword knots, $20 bucks, Field Marshall series swords, 75 bucks, SA daggers, 50 bucks, helmets75-100 bucks, visors were about the same....medals they'd toss them in to convince me to buy (that was through the course of the late 70's to about 1985-1990 in 1991 prices were rising pretty quickly, about 30-40% of what I posted 70-80's)...mom apologized and said "I had no idea that stuff would be worth anything!" sigh, the good old days of collecting!

As crazy as finding such items left out for the trash is the loss of the story of the individuals who probably brought them home from the war. Some amazing finds though.

Its very hard to believe anyone in this interconnected world does not understand the value, either historically or monetary, in antique artefacts. I can understand ‘non-collectors’ throwing this type of stuff out when its contemporary gear, but this just blows my mind. Shows the importance of knowing history, I guess. The people who did this must have literally zero knowledge of history.

Wow.... that's incredible, 'good on ya' !
    Paul

I have relatives that will buy all kinds of trinkets in the store, not understanding the stuff loses most/all value immediately after leaving the store.
    And then they complain to me ''you bought another one of those helmets? haven't you got enough''? lol.

It is mind boggling.

Anyway, what a great find, congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast