Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Ken Niewiarowicz Germany's combat helmet's

Article about: Hi all! I am sure most of if not all German helmet enthusiasts on here have heard of ken who runs the site http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index I have been visiting his site for years drool

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I really hope you bought it Luis?

Mark
    Of course I did lol, knowing what these usually go for I didn't hesitate
    Luis

- - ------- - -

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Luis, Baer’s History of the German Steel Helmet 1916-45 was actually first published in 1985.

Still a great book and although some info has now been updated as new information has come to light it’s still a fantastic reference book and as it’s title states tells the history of the steel helmet in more detail than any other work. The archival documents, drawings and letters are combined all in one reference book. It really is a book that should be in every serious collectors reference library.

Andy
    Thanks Andy for correcting me on that, for some reason I had in mind it was from the '70s.
    Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ken Niewiarowicz Germany's combat helmet's
    P
    Many

For some reason I also thought it was the 70’s too Luis until I got my copy.

Glad you got a copy. It’s a great book but also a collectable in its own right.

Andy

Well,
    my copy arrived today, and aside from the fact it doesn't seem to have been used much if at all, it does have a copyright from 1975, so maybe it's the English edition that is from the '80s?
    Certainly a nice book, though in some areas of what is depicted it does show its age.
    Luis

Strange. When you do a search it comes up 85 and I have a first edition which is 1985 but you might be right about the the German and English editions. Does your edition have colour photos? Mine does but they are really quite poor.

It’s a great read and you should really enjoy it.

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Strange. When you do a search it comes up 85 and I have a first edition which is 1985 but you might be right about the the German and English editions. Does your edition have colour photos? Mine does but they are really quite poor.

It’s a great read and you should really enjoy it.

Andy
    Mine is a 2nd edition but all b/w save for the depictions of decals, those are in colour and very crisp.
    Luis

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8