Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine M35 DD, ET64, for review

Article about: Gentlemen, Today I have this possibly very nice Kriegsmarine double-decal M35 for your scrutiny - I think we hit the jackpot with this one, and I'm anxious to be proven right! A double-decal

?

Default Kriegsmarine M35 DD, ET64, for review

Gentlemen,

Today I have this possibly very nice Kriegsmarine double-decal M35 for your scrutiny - I think we hit the jackpot with this one, and I'm anxious to be proven right!

A double-decal Kriegsmarine M35, ET64, lot number 4152. Interestingly the first two numbers of the lot number are struck much lighter than the last two. Reinforced aluminium liner dated 1938, chin-strap marked 'Paul Klopfer, Wien' and dated 1939. Liner pins are a little loose, but all looks good to me. Shell retains quite a bit of its smooth early factory paint in apple/pea green (not sure what the proper name is, but I love this smooth finish).

Now to the clincher: a genuine Kriegsmarine decal or a toned Heer? I have taken the best photos I can of the decal from a couple of angles, and one in a dark room with the flash just to show the 'pulver' in a different light. There is no trace of silver anywhere to be seen, so it's either genuine or a fully-toned Heer. There is a clearly visible border around the decal, which bodes well for a genuine KM as mentioned on germanhelmetvault.com. Decal shows good patina, very fine cracking, overall I like it a lot but am happy for any other opinions. Fingers crossed!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine M35 DD, ET64, for review
    P
    Many

Beautiful helmet. the first adler photos didn't pop like KM gold to me, but the last photo captures it perfectly.

MAP
    ?

A KM decal. You can clearly see the raised edge.

Interior looks OK too but I always want a nice hands on when I see a misshapened liner to ensure it hasn't been messed with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very Nice Kriegsmarine Helmet and a rare one too. DDs are not common by any means. The interior liner …. Some dingus could have been poking around to hard looking at the pins and liner maker too hard. Reason if things are too tight and I cant see the maker I just let it be. I am not a “fiddler”.

You would want to take a gentle peak just to confirm pins are not rebent though.

Great lid

Z

One second one look from across the street KM! Like I said before, a jaw dropper! Well done. Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    One second one look from across the street KM! Like I said before, a jaw dropper! Well done. Jim G.
    Great to hear!

A great addition to your collection , check the leather where it is sitting against the aluminium band , often there will be a grey spot on the leather , some kind of aluminium oxidation. It will tell you the liner has been in place like that for a long while. I do not see an issue with it at all.
    PS chinstraps have similar oxidation from being buttoned around the D rings.

Always a pleasure to see a good DD KM. well done