Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975

Article about: Hi Guys I found this out of a smaller shop in Midwest. I was put in touch w the site as a US Militaria dealer in search of a new M1. But I stumbled across this instead. It went from the Vets

Default Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975

Hi Guys

I found this out of a smaller shop in Midwest. I was put in touch w the site as a US Militaria dealer in search of a new M1. But I stumbled across this instead. It went from the Vets Family to the shop for a week or so? Then here into my hands! The owner was nice and very knowledgeable about WW2 and knew he had a somewhat rare helmet. After (semi) patiently looking for a Kriegsmarine and seeing lots of bad ones (speck of a decal, horrible shape, mislabeled toned heers or very expensive ones) this one hit my sweet spot and was very reasonably priced after I made an offer. The condition for me is in great shape. On the ET style decal ...the ridge is there (around the top feathers) but the gritty paint makes it hard to see. I see it as a nice example all around of the SE contract using M35 Shells with aluminum liner (this one has rounded bales). Everything fits tight and the whole helmet seems well preserved after the war. The liner is somewhat light and frail. Chinstrap seems legit. Tie String was in the helmet untied but didnt make shipment. Its coming.

Not much information was passed along about this one. "Uncle who was a US GI brought this home ....It was found in Poland." I am glad to have this KM in my collection and look forward to being it's "Keeper" for many years. Thanks for looking, stay safe please
    Zach

Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine m35 se64 lot 4975
    P
    Many

Good condition, nice textured paint and I like the nice golden tone to the decal. I can see the ridge especially around the wing tips. No sign of a decal on the right side which is correct as SE M35’s were only produced as SD KM lids. I’ve noticed recently that a good way to show the ridge when photographing is to take a photo on a slight angle so the light fall on the high points.

Congratulations.
    Andy

Nice KM you got there, certainly one anyone would love to have in their collection
    What's the date on the liner band if you can make it out?
    Thanks for showing and great pick up.

Luis

Great piece! Can only agree with the rest, a very nice pickup.

Thank you Andy! Yes its a cool little niche "Sub Genre" of KMs I think. Just started to really pay attention and research these when this became available. I will try to photo further ... I do see it and cant capture it. I have an Early M35 Heer (posted here) that has Multi Step Construction that is easier to photo. Ill get it one of these days and send your way!

Thanks Luis! This one is nice indeed for the collection. And it was good set of circumstances. Guy wasnt giving it away but also was a bargain in my eyes. I havent been at this too long but defintely wanted an example from the Kriegs... The Forgotten Service. Im a little camera shy about screwing with the liner. Everything sits pretty tight together. And I dont want to Warp anything. I spoke with a very very knowledgeable member David (a member here or was a member) as I posted this at GHV as well and he was pretty sure without me even looking it was a 1940 liner and another member who is a Kriegsmarine focused collector said probably "1940 Werner Zahn Liner"

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Thanks Luis! This one is nice indeed for the collection. And it was good set of circumstances. Guy wasnt giving it away but also was a bargain in my eyes. I havent been at this too long but defintely wanted an example from the Kriegs... The Forgotten Service. Im a little camera shy about screwing with the liner. Everything sits pretty tight together. And I dont want to Warp anything. I spoke with a very very knowledgeable member David (a member here or was a member) as I posted this at GHV as well and he was pretty sure without me even looking it was a 1940 liner and another member who is a Kriegsmarine focused collector said probably "1940 Werner Zahn Liner"
    I would have guessed the same, M35 that was still in stock from production finished in 1940 with a round bale reinforced alu liner and only Werner Zahn kept on making these past 1939-40(up to 1943 actually)
    Luis

MAP
    ?

SE only produced KM's for a short time. And this seems to match up perfectly. M35 finished to 40 specs. With all the rough paint and crazing of the decal it is hard to see a ridge but trust you that you can see it in hand.

Overall a great looking helmet. Very nice condition. Congrats! You did very very well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    SE only produced KM's for a short time. And this seems to match up perfectly. M35 finished to 40 specs. With all the rough paint and crazing of the decal it is hard to see a ridge but trust you that you can see it in hand.

Overall a great looking helmet. Very nice condition. Congrats! You did very very well.
    Thank you Michael. It was a good find indeed. I didnt post b4 purchase which I will not make a habit of. But did what you said. Which Model is this? Does this decal belong on there? What Maker was this? Did they make this branch? ETC. Fundamentals. Then I dove deeper into the SE production of these and as far as them KMs go .... I will say I am a well read student in the construction and look of these now. Alot to learn! But confident in that Area thanks to everyone.

I really love the look of this one. You will not find one in similar condition very easily, not even in museum's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast