Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...

Article about: I will let the adverisement speak for itself "Each lamp is made of helmets, bayonets and bullets from World War II. You can find their numbers on the helmets. It took me three years to

Jan
    ?

Default Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...

I will let the "advertisement" speak for itself

"Each lamp is made of helmets, bayonets and bullets from World War II. You can find their numbers on the helmets. It took me three years to recycle these helmets and bayonets, and I traveled all over Europe.The bullet holes and rust on the helmets are traces left during World War II. These helmets bear witness to that cruel history. Of course, they are not cultural relics..."

War relic lampRemembering that history&Free Shipping Worldwild

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lamps made out of ground dug Second World War helmets and bayonets!What next...
    P
    Many

?

I cannot imagine a bigger insult to the men who once wore them.

I saw this on FB - looks like someone is pushing to flog them.

Looks like they followed the principle of 'more is better' and threw as much stuff together as possible.

Very tacky.

Geeze the price dropped!

Very offensive to all those that served and died.

I guess where there's money to be made there will always be eagles circling.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I cannot imagine a bigger insult to the men who once wore them.
    You can't?

How about making pots out of them?

MAP
    ?

I've have been looking for a cheap shell for years to add to a Vet Art lamp that at one time had a helmet on it. This though it pushing it too far. Making it more Goth or Pop Art (or what ever is the best description)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've have been looking for a cheap shell for years to add to a Vet Art lamp that at one time had a helmet on it. This though it pushing it too far. Making it more Goth or Pop Art (or what ever is the best description)
    I kind of like them, but...

?

The difference here, Sweersz, is that those used for the lamps are battlefield relics, possibly being worn at the time of damage from bullet and shell splinter. The colanders and pots were largely produced from surrendered items (though, no doubt, some battlefield salvage was included).
    A subtle difference, I grant you, but at least a pot or colander has a practical use in a Germany reduced to rubble - helping to keep others alive. The lampshades are, in Houndstooth’s words, just tacky.

René.. I’m disappointed.

I understand what you all say but i dont agree its offensive, better to display and honour the dead soilders, why is this so much more offensive than collecting stuff from dead soilders?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast