Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Last-ditch" helmet ?

Article about: Hello all, I have a "beaded" M42, NS64/B3260 . The liner is pretty much the "civic helmet" liner as in my M34s, even to the pattern of tiny perforations nearly halfway ar

Default "Last-ditch" helmet ?

Hello all, I have a "beaded" M42, NS64/B3260 . The liner is pretty much the "civic helmet" liner as in my M34s, even to the pattern of tiny perforations nearly halfway around the front of the sweatband area. but the liner material is canvas, a bit stiff so it might have been treated with some stiffening agent. And the chinstrap attached directly to the liner is clear plastic. No padding inside the crown as in my M34s.
    Would this more likely be an end-of-war "last-ditch" helmet for non-combat use, or something fairly standard for low-priority non-combat use?
    In particular the clear plastic chinstrap makes me curious. Thanks for any info/comments. Robert Y

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Last-ditch"  helmet ?
    P
    Many

Photos? Impossible to comment without them. NH

MAP
    ?

First. Welcome to the forum Robert.

Our civi guys can give a much more informed answer but to me it is not a "last ditch" helmet but as you point out just a rejected shell for standard non-combat use. Might even have been post war.

But pictures are key to us helping you. You can use this handy reference guide to walk you through the process

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Robert - WELCOME!!

As we "speak" you're probably working your way thru the how-to-post pics bit....I thought I'd take advantage of the time difference and post one I have which sounds similar...if you have problems mastering the technology (I do!!) I'm happy to offer mine for comparison / help

"Last-ditch"  helmet ?"Last-ditch"  helmet ?

...it'll also be quite good for me to get this one sorted too!! 'had it for years but never really had it looked at.....

'lookin' forward to seeing yours.....
    Last edited by Composite; 02-07-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling

A nice beaded M42 and as you probably know Ade, one which is for civic use, most likely an un-decaled and un-issued Luftschutz. Leon.

Thanks matey...German Civic?...me?...with my reputation? :-)

I'm hoping it may help Robert with his.....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Thanks matey...German Civic?...me?...with my reputation? :-)

I'm hoping it may help Robert with his.....
    Love the drippy paint. Who is the maker? EF?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Love the drippy paint. Who is the maker? EF?
    It's an NS 66. I believe those "plastic" looking straps are a form of cellulose...similar to visor cap sweat shields only thicker & not often seen
    Last edited by real steel; 02-08-2018 at 01:12 AM.

The M42 beaded helmet that Composite posted has the typical cork washers you see on Police and other Civic type helmets. I really like that example. NH

Great info posted but where is the OP?
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast