Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late war luftschutz gladiator

Article about: Hi all, here’s my recent purchase a late war luftschutz gladiator. This one is probably the most unsymmetrical one I’ve seen, the front brim is wonky to say the least and when the helmet

Default Late war luftschutz gladiator

Hi all, here’s my recent purchase a late war luftschutz gladiator. This one is probably the most unsymmetrical one I’ve seen, the front brim is wonky to say the least and when the helmet was pressed I’m guessing it stretched the thin metal out and put ripples all around the helmet and just overall construction is poor. It also looks like the mispunched or drilled the liner pin holes wrong as you can see in the photos they put a spot weld right beside the current liner pin and same goes for the others.

The interior has the late war cloth liner and chinstrap, but what I found interesting was the floral cloth fabric used for the liner padding.

Regards, Kyle.

Late war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiatorLate war luftschutz gladiator

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war luftschutz gladiator
    P
    Many

I be like it - it has character! Jim G.

A cool example Kyle!

There is a certain irony about the fabric inside as floral designs have so many meanings and suit many occasions but meanwhile there was a war raging while his was fitted out. There reality is that they must have been using anything they could get their hands on. You sometimes see WW1 German helmets with civilian fabrics used as a backing on the liner pads.

Andy

It definitely does!

Thanks Andy! I was pretty surprised to see the flowers, found it so odd to put a floral pattern cloth in a helmet made for a war. It’s always interesting to see the odd liner fabrics they used.

A real beauty , love the liner. I have a leather three pad liner with floral pockets underneath in a medium duty Police helmet.

?

I’ve seen floral print fabrics used in the linings of Red Army breeches too.
    This is a splendid example. Fabulous find.. I’ve been half on the lookout for a Luftschütz helmet myself. I hope to find one with such character.
    Congratulations!

Thanks Frank, is it close to the same floral pattern at all?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Thanks Frank, is it close to the same floral pattern at all?
    No different pattern and only 1 of the 3 pockets has this , the others are dark blue cloth.