Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late war M42 qvl64

Article about: I can’t find much information on these as far as what factory they were made at. I would think it was made between 1944-1945. Does anyone have any additional information to share on this h

Default Late war M42 qvl64

New member and new helmet for my collection. I can’t find much information on these as far as what factory they were made at. I would think it was made between 1944-1945. Does anyone have any additional information to share on this helmet?

Late war M42 qvl64
    Late war M42 qvl64
    Late war M42 qvl64
    Late war M42 qvl64
    Late war M42 qvl64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war M42 qvl64
    P
    Many

Nice find. It was made by Quist and was their very late war helmet. Very hard to find one in that condition. Congratulations.

It's never been in print that I have read but Q believed the M42 was sub standard to the M40 which did far better in ballistics test and they put off making them as long as possible. When they did I believe the qvl was a way to take their Q off the helmet.

MAP
    ?

Rare example. Excellent condition. Congratulations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't think qvL helmets were made by Quist. Quist was slow to switch from M40 to M42 shells, but I am pretty sure the maker/size stamp was simply a capital "Q" with the size. I think that Ken N. wrote that qvL helmets and bvL helmets were made in ET related factories. I will check when I get home. qvL M42's, and bvL M42's were late War made, in 1945 I believe, and all have high lot numbers in the 5*** range. They are very rare. This one is really nice! Excellent acquisition!. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I don't think qvL helmets were made by Quist. Quist was slow to switch from M40 to M42 shells, but I am pretty sure the maker/size stamp was simply a capital "Q" with the size. I think that Ken N. wrote that qvL helmets and bvL helmets were made in ET related factories. I will check when I get home. qvL M42's, and bvL M42's were late War made, in 1945 I believe, and all have high lot numbers in the 5*** range. They are very rare. This one is really nice! Excellent acquisition!. Jim G.
    Jim you could be correct. I never looked up to see who made them and assumed they were Quist made. I knew SE took on hkp and ET went ckl and assumed Q took on qvl. If you have it in print I would love to see it to know for sure.

Regards,

Max

I tried to post links to threads regarding 2 _vL helmets, but alas, I am a computer idiot and was unsuccessful. Take a look at Frank's site, German Helmet Vault. He mentions the ET factory relationship as well. Jim G.

Excellent information, gentlemen! Thus the reason I signed up for the forum.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I tried to post links to threads regarding 2 _vL helmets, but alas, I am a computer idiot and was unsuccessful. Take a look at Frank's site, German Helmet Vault. He mentions the ET factory relationship as well. Jim G.
    Jim according to Frank you are correct. I remember he had them listed as mystery maker for years but he added a note that a helmet was reported to have ET/ckl markings on it as well. Here is a link to what he wrote.

Linky

That's a nice lid, I was eyeballing that very helmet but the funds said NO ,congrats
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Very nice indeed, Looks completely mint and unissued.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast