Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Lets see your Named Helmets

Article about: Here one of mine I just took out walking.

Default Re: Lets see your Named Helmets

I studied the writing on the label in my fire police lid, and it looks like Hegat Fizze perhaps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lets see your Named Helmets
    P
    Many

?

I just added this named m40 SE heer helmet to my collection today. Bought it from another Danish collector. If anybody can read the names on the liner please let me know? I am really poor when it comes to this type of writing.

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Named Helmets   Lets see your Named Helmets  

Lets see your Named Helmets   Lets see your Named Helmets  

4md
    ?

Looks like a beauty Alex, great pick up

?

Thanks, it really was a nice pickup. It came from a collector which is selling out of his collection and to begin with he offered me a DD SS helmet + a couple of daggers. I didn’t like the decals on the SS helmet and it also got negative opinions in the SS forum. Also about the same negative response with the daggers in the edged weapon forum.

So when I got a call today that he also had a single decaled heer helmet I didn’t have the biggest expectations. But anyway I told him he could just come by my place and then he brings me this sweet helmet.

And that's why it's important to not entirely write off a collection that I being sold simply because of one or two "questionable" helmets. One bad lid doesn't mean the next one is a bad lid. Congrats on this M40 and glad you still took a look at it despite the other bad lids.

Heres my favorite.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Named Helmets   Lets see your Named Helmets  

My contribution.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well this guy sure wanted people to be able to see who the helmet belonged to. Huge writing and easy to read. Also and nice helmet

Cheers Alex

- - Updated - -

Nice one to Ade :-)

Here's my double named M40 SD SE64. The name in green is Friskhorn, while the name on the liner is Gef. Simerman. Interestingly, one of these blokes drilled holes on both sides and the back. Maybe, with the intention of putting chicken wire through them, who knows? They are definitely period done, and closer examination shows that nothing was ever put in them. enjoy, rick

Oops, that name is Frischkorn. Sorry, fella. Here's a close-up of the nicely toned decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Named Helmets  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast