Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Lightweight fake helmet ID

Article about: Hello, Please can anyone identify this helmet? Material seems to be aluminium. Is it a fireman's helmet , a postwar parade BW helmet, ... ? Anyway convenient for reenactment. Any info welcom

?

Default Lightweight fake helmet ID

Hello,
    Please can anyone identify this helmet? Material seems to be aluminium. Is it a fireman's helmet , a postwar parade BW helmet, ... ?
    Anyway convenient for reenactment. Any info welcome.
    Thanks in advance,
    Luc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lightweight fake helmet ID
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The liner looks to be an original post war civil liner. So maybe the shell is post war too but I've never seen this configuration before so I'm not holding out any hope. But maybe others have seen this shell style before.

But even if the shell is "original" of some unknown post war period, the over all helmet isn't worth spending money on.

Someone sure loved their RZM stamps too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello,
    I too have never seen this shell type before, however i did notice it seems there was a hole that was filled and painted over where the third split pin should be.

Regards,
    Daniel

?

Hi again,
    I found the reason for the two rear rivets on another helmet (Fire Brigade): a liner similar to the paratrooper's one.

?

Hi,
    I found it. The base colour is cream white, so it must be a helmet of a fireman or of a medical personal. The liner was removed and replaced. So are the markings.
    Thanks for having watched and thougt about it.
    Luc

MAP
    ?

Quote by Narcis View Post
    Hi,
    I found it. The base colour is cream white, so it must be a helmet of a fireman or of a medical personal. The liner was removed and replaced. So are the markings.
    Thanks for having watched and thougt about it.
    Luc
    Liner could be original to the helmet. Looks like one of the many many different Civil liner styles I've seen. It's the RZM stamps that are bad.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used to have a bright yellow helmet that a builder gave me that was a similar to this, made from lighter alloy. This looks like it has been spruced up with a dubious liner and strap with the rear bolts added to fit it together to the shell. I don't think anything here is pre 1945.

?

Hi,

Finally I found a new job for this helmet, with some WWI spares. I'm a cartoon fan, so I made a Bretzelburger helmet of it. "QRN on Bretzelburg" is a Belgian cartoon that depicts a kingdom under a parody of German nazi regime.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Luc

?

Hi again,

Some examples of Bretzelburg soldiers: