Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for advice

Article about: Hi, I’ve come across this helmet for sale, seller claims it to be a kriegsmarine shell, just wondering about everyone’s thoughts on authenticity

Default Looking for advice

Hi, I’ve come across this helmet for sale, seller claims it to be a kriegsmarine shell, just wondering about everyone’s thoughts on authenticity
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for advice
    P
    Many

First of all, better pictures would help, especially from the inside and the stamps.
    But it looks like an Original M40 with Original Paint and original Decal, but the outside of the Shell looks weird and it has a weird texture.
    I think its either an relic shell or a shell that has been scrubbed back.
    It could be an Kriegsmarine Shell, but that is by all means not certain, as Heer Decals tend to go yellow after time and i think there is not enough of the decal left to definitly proof that it is Kriegsmarine.
    In conclusion i would personally stay away from it, but for the right price it could be an okay helmet.

An M42, but I do agree, not one to pursue.

MAP
    ?

As noted, photos are lacking but from these two photos it looks like a repainted relic to me (paint over pitting)

But even if I'm wrong its been heavily scrubbed.

That said, the seller is incorrect, the decal is not a KM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Additional photos

Thanks for all your replies, the helmet is price at $200 U.S, here are some additional images
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

I would put that $200 to a better piece.

Thanks for responding, I have added additional photos below

MAP
    ?

In looking at the additional photos. I don't think its been repainted. Just a dug up relic that has been given an acid bath and scrubbed.

No idea what relics go for these days...so can't say if that is a good or bad price.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, I’d have to agree, just wanted more knowledgeable options than my own just in case it was something special

Thanks for the response, not really after a relic so might pass on this then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast