Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for advice

Article about: Hi, I have come across this rough textured m35 for sale, it is 370 US dollars, do you think this is acceptable? Thanks

Default Looking for advice

Hi,
    I have come across this rough textured m35 for sale, it is 370 US dollars, do you think this is acceptable?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

Looking for advice   Looking for advice  

Looking for advice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for advice
    P
    Many

Original shell - relined - and with different pins IMHO

In my opinion it looks good. Paint missing on some of the liner pins or pins that are loose are not always an issue as these helmets were smashed around quite a bit. I’d like to see if there is paint on the left chinstrap bale as this would point to the rough textured paint being applied with the liner in which means if the paint is period then the liner most likely was there when it was applied. I also see traces of the Heer decal, the faint outline of the National shield and some chipped spots with Apple green paint showing through - these are also good to see. So the shell does look good to me however if you want to be sure about the liner then ask for photos of the rivets from inside the shell to see if it has has been played with. I’d also ask for better photos of the pins from outside, the paint, decal areas and inside the dome.

To evaluate any helmet that you don’t have in hand the importance of good photos is even more critical.

Andy

?

As Andy stated better photos are needed,but i have a good feeling about it.To me it looks like a nice reissue.
    Even with the bad photos,when zooming the paint on the split pins look identical to the pain on the shell.

Emanuil.