Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for a DAK Tropical Camo Helmet

Article about: Looking a DAK or Afrika korps tropical camo helmet. Preferably with intact pink camo- liner intact and original is a plus, but not a must. Does anyone have any idea where to look? I have bee

?

Default Looking for a DAK Tropical Camo Helmet

Looking a DAK or Afrika korps tropical camo helmet. Preferably with intact pink camo- liner intact and original is a plus, but not a must. Does anyone have any idea where to look?

I have been regularly monitoring Ken B’s site as well as SS Steel, and collectors guild and have not had luck- there seem to be some that pop up for sale and go quick. Does anyone have advice? Also thinking about attending SOS next year for the first time as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for a DAK Tropical Camo Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

All I can say is you need patience and luck. It took me 10 years and many misses to find mine. True pink DAK helmets are rare and typically are sold very quickly when up on a dealers site.

There are many other dealers out there beyond the ones you mentioned. Also if you have a good relationship with any dealer you might ask them to let you know if they are going to post one for sale.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've collected 23 years and, as I am sure some will attest, turn up a lot of stuff. I've barely found a handful of camo helmets over the years. I prefer to find helmets directly from estates, flea markets, clean outs and my personal best was 14 in one year. I have yet to find a DAK. 15 years ago, one came out of an estate in Northern California. First guy who got the call bought it sight unseen for $2000 and had to do layaway. The seller, true to his word, turned down $4000 from the 2nd guy. That helmet is still in the first guy's collection. Not many people know about it, but the line for it is already at least three or four deep.

I think the moral of the story is that a good piece goes into a collection and stays there until the collector dies. It's not a question of price. Patience and timing are everything. Collection defining pieces cannot simply be bought. They must be earned through hard work, perseverance and persistence.

An example just been added to worldwarcollectibles.hit that buy switch.
    WorldWarCollectibles | German WH M40 Tropical Camo Helmet